Skip to content

Basenji's in the news

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Basenji's & Weather

    Basenji Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    6k Views
    K
    B's don't like rain but even in Holland there is always a dry spell to walk them. When it's cold, they wear coats, if it is wamere and it rains, the wear raincoats. It works fine! Enjoy!
  • I have ''issues'' with my basenji, can you help ?

    Basenji Talk
    33
    0 Votes
    33 Posts
    28k Views
    YodelMaY
    Ladybasenji, where are you in Quebec? Montreal? We have a place in Gatineau (Aylmer sector) and one of my dogs might even be related to yours. You're experiences with your girl remind me so much of my first basenji, about 20 years ago–it gets easier, I swear! Let me know if you'd like help with Lady--they're nothing like labs and will never be "obedient" but there are tricks for training them : D
  • Mismarked Basenji's

    Basenji Talk
    29
    0 Votes
    29 Posts
    24k Views
    MrBaRooampBittyM
    Hi Vickayx, First let me say Dolce looks adorable. Her white face only makes her look distinguishd. As far as I can determine the only thing mentioned in Basenji Standards is that white should not predominate for her overall appearance and from what you have written you really dont seem to be planning on showing anyway. Years ago I bred Rodesians to show but as I got older I decided that what I wanted most was a little snuggle bug and went to rescue B's. spacicfically those who had had a hard life before me. We now have 2 four legged children who are always rooing to show how happy they are. Enjoy your new baby and remember to try and not let her know she is smarted.
  • Your basenji's tricks

    Basenji Talk
    24
    0 Votes
    24 Posts
    16k Views
    LyshL
    @Whoalookitsme: Does anyone have any videos of these lovely tricks :) I done one not long ago but I didn't like it and deleted it. But I do plan in making a new one in the following weeks :D ill share when I do
  • No Basenji's at Discover Dogs

    Basenji Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    4k Views
    P
    Jess - why don't you put a proposal to each of the individual clubs that they take a Discover Dogs stand. There are new people in the breed now who may be more interested. Also I do know that some of the breeds at DD this year had asked for double stands precisely to give space so that dogs could be rested without being crowded in. It wasn't a case of tired dogs biting but as you know Basenjis object to having strangers pushing into their faces. There are plenty of other breeds who would also object to this. After all I'm sure that nobody would put a dog of bad temperament on the stand. That wouldn't do the breed any good!! I remember one Crufts when one of the basenjis went for the judge and headlines were 'Biting Basenji'!! You can imagine the uproar and the disservice it did to the breed! I'm not sure who would ascertain that the information would be accurate though. I do know that some of the info on the club websites is incorrect!!!
  • So are these Af's different than our domestic B's?

    Basenji Talk
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    10k Views
    BasenjiDivaB
    Jayden is super gross when it comes to what he'll eat: poop, vomit, and, if he pees on the patio, he'll lick that. Honest!!! We feed him and we feed him very well! Yucccchhhhh! Pat