• @nobarkus:

…I had a RW that loved fresh green horse poop, which I think a lot of dogs like. ...

When she was a pup, we would call them "meatballs"…thankfully she has "outgrown" her taste for them!;)

• @nala121498:

When she was a pup, we would call them "meatballs"…thankfully she has "outgrown" her taste for them!;)

Lucky you! - Tilly has just developed her taste for them - we stayed for a week in the New Forest last month, taking in a few dog shows - there are horses roaming everywhere, and since all we did was walk all week, Tilly must have eaten her own bodyweight in the stuff…. I wouldnt mind but she always wants to kiss you after lol...

• @Elscodobermann:

…but she always wants to kiss you after lol...

Yes! That was the worst!! :eek: 😃 Hopefully she'll "outgrow":) it for you too!!

• @nobarkus:

… and he kept going to that mud hole gulping it down like it was chocolate fudge.

:D:D:D

You guys are hilarious!! I literally laughed out loud when I read that.
    Miles, my rescue, is the only one who eats mud. And mud specifically- not just dry dirt. And here I thought he was unique (ok, more like weird)! Miles, looks like I found you a support group!!

• @BDawg:

:D:D:D

You guys are hilarious!! I literally laughed out loud when I read that.
    Miles, my rescue, is the only one who eats mud. And mud specifically- not just dry dirt. And here I thought he was unique (ok, more like weird)! Miles, looks like I found you a support group!!

It was exhausting trying to keep him away from it and just play. People started complaining to the park and they finally stopped over watering so now its decently dry and he's been just playing with the other dogs. It got so bad that there was this 5' diameter wide mud lake and this guy would bring his 5 black Labs and they would take turns laying in it. It was like a spa were people take those mud baths. The funny one is where somebody's white dog would go in it and the person yell "NO,NO,NO, GET OUTTA THERE"!!

• Love to see the white dog all muddy and more so the face of the owner.

Rita Jean

• The only time Gossy ate mud/dirt was at a friend's garden - but they had recently buried carp as fertilizer for the garden so I don't think that really counts.

On a related note, someone mentioned whipworms etc that could be picked up from other dogs. I've often wondered if they can pick up "stuff" when they just sniff other dog's droppings? We go past a vet hospital on our daily walks and Gossy loves to sniff around the lawn. I watch and make sure she doesn't eat anything but I've often wondered about just sniffing.

• Houston

Wizard,
    I have many times wondered the same thing, I hope somebody has knowledge about it, so I don't have to hover over Otis when he is sniffing around..

Suggested Topics