• Hi kipawa,

• hi Pedro, I am sorry that your dog was called 'trash'. All living animals and beings have a right to happiness and a good, healthy life. I myself don't like the idea of feeding table scraps to dogs. A good quality dog food has the properly balanced ingredients to provide a dog with proper nutrition. Us humans don't always eat properly, but at least we can feed our animals well, right? 🙂 I don't think the odd 'treat' off of your plate is a problem, but just make sure you know what human food is and isn't safe for a dog to eat. Here is a link that talks about problem 'human' foods. http://www.articlesbase.com/pets-articles/toxic-foods-for-dogs-191994.html I would think that there would be other foods as well. Just as some people have specific food allergies, individual dogs can have them to foods other dogs eat safely.

• thanks kipawa, i will look through this . i didn't thank dog'scould get allergies to people foor!.but i have heard of dogs being allergic to corn. thanks.

• PEDRO. we all do want to help you. It seems sometimes we are saying the same things over and over. Sorry if I offended you. Just tired and these post just seem to be too much. Go to the BCOA site and find out who does b's in your area. Go to some dog shows. YOU will have to find them. Then it will be easier to explain.

• Many people on this Forum feed "raw" and only use people food. I use both, fresh meat, veggies, (and the meat is usually raw or lightly cooked)… but I use a high quality dog food too.. one that is all natural...

You can find shows and other activities close to you, but you need to do the research.

And why would you want a Basenji that is not AKC registered? If that is the case, consider a rescue www.basenjirescue.org… and if you think too expensive, then save your money till you can afford a well bred puppy from a responsible breeder

• thanks guys! i will do this on these sites'you gave me. and if you can?, tanza can u give me some of ur recipes?. thanks for helping sooo much. it has come in handy. i have one more quesrion for you's all could there be anythank wrong with my basenji, because he hasnt'goon pee all day and he has done this a few times since i got him!!. but when i take him out and tell him to go pee he go's right then!>

• by the way tanza the baby on the couch is sso darn cute.! thank for every thing and you too ivoss, you guy helped me make a better decision with your help!.

• @pedro:

by the way tanza the baby on the couch is sso darn cute.! thank for every thing and you too ivoss, you guy helped me make a better decision with your help!.

That "baby" on the couch is my 15+ yr old…..LOL.. that is my old wonderful girl... so always remember, while she is a Dual Champion (show conformation and Lure coursing Champion) she was never bred because there were health concerns... but she was and still is our "pet", loved family companion...

• what!!!!!! 25+ yrs old. she looks like a puppy there!.

• oops i meant 15+.

• Congrats! Happy to hear it! Hope all is the same for my girl. Getting her testing in probably 2 weeks -HOPEFULLY. Mom is clear, father is carrier. I hope she is clear!
    Anyways CONGRATS! 🙂

• good luck on the test!. i'll keep my fingers crossed& pray that she's clear.!

• good luck on the test!. i'll keep my fingers crossed& pray that she's clear.!

• i had my bot done and came back affected, but 4 weeks later i got a nother one in the mail out of surprise to me!, but i came back clear!. there was a new guy doing the resaults & he misread the test wrong!, so maybe the'll re do the test at no charge?! wouldn't hurt to ask the ofa corp.

• Thank you Pedro I appreciate that!

Oh wow that scared me i was gonna say awww im so sorry about your boy! Glad to hear things all went better and the test was clear! Congrats! 🙂 Do you have pictures of your boy? This is a picture of my girl!

• ya but i don't know how to put them on the computer!!.i'm told by an old basenji shower thathe's in the big size ! but everything is in line to show him!.

Suggested Topics