• Hi guys! Ok, before I get started I should point out that I am in fact the user Gizmo.

But I found out that it would become rather confusing calling my user the same name as the dog: Hey Gizmo, how Is Gizmo? Gizmo is doing great, the dog that is? etc etc. :rolleyes:

So I decided to create a new account. I am sure you all understand.

So anyways, Gizmo, my first Basenji, was born a little over 1 week ago on July 8th! Which is really cool since that is also the same B-day to one of the kids I am uncle too(just turned 9 years old). Naturally he jumped with joy hearing that news, while the other 2 were slightly jealous. So for now one there will be a double birthday party!

Here he is about 4 days old. I picked him because I just loved his little "diamond" on his back, also his white "collar" goes only half way around. Hehe, he will be easy to tell apart from other Basenjis. Love that. And a nice solid white stripe up his nose.

Isn't he a handsome little guy??!! 😃

Sigh, now the 7 weeks til I get him feels so very, very far away! Wish I could just sleep/fall into a coma til then!

EDIT: Added new pictures.
    attachment_t_6648_0_gizmo1.jpg
    attachment_t_6648_1_gizmo2.jpg
    attachment_t_6648_2_gizmo3.jpg
    attachment_t_6648_3_gismo1a.jpg
    attachment_t_6648_4_gizmo2a.jpg
    attachment_t_6648_5_gizmo3a.jpg

• What a cute little Pup, you must be so excited. Hope the 7 weeks go quickly for you 🙂

• congrats :d very cute! from which breeder does he come from? ( just being curious 😉 )

• From Vicita, a breeder here in Norway.

• nice! well be sure to put loads of pictures here 🙂

• You bet. I am going fly down to visit him when he is 6 weeks, going to take some pictures then. I just hope he reacts well to me. Would break my heart if he was scared.

• What a cute baby Gizmo is, I am so jealous, I hope there will be lots more pics!

• Gizmo is very cute.. 😃

The waiting is always a very hard part….

• @NerdyDogOwner:

You bet. I am going fly down to visit him when he is 6 weeks, going to take some pictures then. I just hope he reacts well to me. Would break my heart if he was scared.

why would you think he would be scared? 😕
    you dont need to worry about that 🙂

• Your baby is so pretty. Keep us up to date.

Rita Jean

• @NerdyDogOwner:

You bet. I am going fly down to visit him when he is 6 weeks, going to take some pictures then. I just hope he reacts well to me. Would break my heart if he was scared.

Puppies at 6 wks should be nosey, outgoing, unafraid of anything… I always tell people when you visit a litter, you should be "attacked" by the pups... if they are shy or run the other way.. then I would totally question their temperaments

• @tanza:

Puppies at 6 wks should be nosey, outgoing, unafraid of anything… I always tell people when you visit a litter, you should be "attached" by the pups... if they are shy or run the other way.. then I would totally question their temperaments

Lol…I think you meant "attacked" but your post made me laugh because I visited Liyah nearly every week after she was born and at 6 weeks I was definitely "attached" by the pups - they would grab ahold of my socks and attach themselves to my feet. 😉

• Yup your right…. gggg Attacked.. I fixed it...

• J -E-A-L-O-U-S!!!

We demand lost of pictures - congratulations, he is very handsome and a great name aswell!

Don't add water!!!!

Alan****

• Houston

Gizmo is so cute..I just love his little neck mark, very easy to spot in a crowd…not that crowds of B's are very common, at least not here in Hosuton, TX.
    I know the wait is so hard...it will be here before you know it..

• @tanza:

… if they are shy or run the other way.. then I would totally question their temperaments

Yeah, that was what I ment. Just formulated myself inncorrectly, sorry.

Thanks for the great replys so far guys! 🙂

• I feel your pain NerdyDogOwner…

I am patiently, (NOT :D), waiting for my newest member to join us too !!!

I HATE this waiting game. I fully agree with you... I wish I also could go to sleep, and wake up the moment we leave our house to pick up our new addition 🙂 I am slightly luckier than you though, cos my puppy will be 5 weeks old, on this Monday, so I dont have as long as you to wait :p

• Congratulations NerdyDogOwner, hope the weeks fly past for you - but of course they wont! I am also impatiently waiting for my next basenji fix - havent even been born yet - infact i dont think the mating has taken place yet- and because of pet passport restrictions i wont be getting him until about september next year - now that is a long wait!

make sure you post plenty pictures.

Scott

• Congrats! How exciting for you!

Who's the breeder? (Forgive me if you've said already!)

• @saba:

I feel your pain NerdyDogOwner…

I am patiently, (NOT :D), waiting for my newest member to join us too !!!

I HATE this waiting game. I fully agree with you... I wish I also could go to sleep, and wake up the moment we leave our house to pick up our new addition 🙂 I am slightly luckier than you though, cos my puppy will be 5 weeks old, on this Monday, so I dont have as long as you to wait :p

Saba,
    Any pictures of the pups yet?…..

Suggested Topics