• These lovely pictures were very kindly sent to me by thunderbird8588.

They are from yesterdays Club Championship Show. Little Maya did really well. It was a very long day, 3 hours drive each way so an early start! She was in the Puppy, Junior and "not bred by" class. She got 2nd in all of them :rolleyes: In the Puppy she was beaten by her litter sister who won the Reserve CC, and in the Junior the one she was beaten by won the CC and Best in Show ๐Ÿ˜ƒ It was also a puppy so fab result for her owner!

Maya behaved perfectly, i was so pleased with her. This was her first time showing indoors and she was absolutely fine with it ๐Ÿ™‚

Anyway, thank you to Shelley for the lovely pictures, and it was lovely meeting you yesterday!!

Here's Maya "backstage":

And in the ring:

Maya pestering poor Poppy who is so much better behaved than my little horror!

• congrats on the nice results!

• Congratulations Jess, but who won the tickets? We didn't make it as we hadn't entered and we couldn't have gone anyway because Rufus won the champion stakes!

• Well done Maya and also Coco on her res cc:D

• @moetmum:

Congratulations Jess, but who won the tickets? We didn't make it as we hadn't entered and we couldn't have gone anyway because Rufus won the champion stakes!

Best in Show was Zordia Wazzala (sp??) and Dog CC was Robelroy (I think thats the kennel name??), not sure of the dogs name but he was in Limit ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Maya's Dad Riley got the RCC ๐Ÿ™‚

How did you do in the CH stakes then????

Thanks for the nice comments! Coco is on a bit of a roll, this is her second RCC!!!

• Congrats on the results!!! Great pictures!!!

• Nice pics. The Dog CC winner's name is Robelroy Real Smart and this was his first CC though he has a couple of reserves I think. Best Veteran was Ch Custos Runnin Riot.
    It was a most enjoyable show with a super venue and a good sized ring, the sort which is very hard to find at an affordable price for a breed club. On a little personal note I was chuffed that Ezri (my b/w) won the Ramlacim Trophy for Best Not Bred by Exhibitor, for the sentimental reason that Ruby also won it exactly ten years ago!

• @Borbasuk:

It was a most enjoyable show with a super venue and a good sized ring, the sort which is very hard to find at an affordable price for a breed club. On a little personal note I was chuffed that Ezri (my b/w) won the Ramlacim Trophy for Best Not Bred by Exhibitor, for the sentimental reason that Ruby also won it exactly ten years ago!

Well done everyone. I agree it was a really good show - its a great venue - of course i had an easy day just spectating because the judge bred Tilly. But i fully intend to win res. best in show next year - i want that spear!

• I want that spear too!! That has to be the coolest trophy!!
    Thunderbird took some photos of us too.
    Rocco got 3rd in Minor Puppy Dog (he was beaten by his half brother and Maya's brother) and won the Junior Dog class. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Well done everyone, it was a great day out.
    attachment_p_79540_0_victoria-and-rocco.jpg
    attachment_p_79540_1_victoria-and-roocco.jpg
    attachment_p_79540_2_victoria-rocco.jpg

• yes it was a good day. Well done to everyone!

• It was good to meet the forum members who I hadn't seen before and yes it was a pleasant show. The venue is super but very expensive and only affordable (thank goodness) by NBS because of the generous donation from Steven Siddall (long may it last!).
    Well done to you all whatever your results. I enjoyed seeing so many puppies, some of which I hadn't seen before.
    My old girl enjoyed her day out where she was able to see several of her children and great children after some time. It was a delight to see her and Skipper greeting each other after several years)!

• Well!

What can I sayโ€ฆ.....our whole family came to meet Basenji's in the flesh and catch up with forum members and we did both in abundance!

I thought the day may have got off to a bad start as we turned the car into the car park and spotted our first real-live 'B's walking in the car park and their owners reaching for their mobile phones as an apparent family of loons had arrived in a Mondeo with stupid grins all over their faces! It was surely only a matter of tuime before we were carted off for evaluation!

Our first conversation with a Basenji (Noodles adorable 'Rocco') will have done nothing to prove ourselves as 'non loons' as I am positive I could sense him thinking:-
    "Yeah, Yeah I know I'm cute but take a look at this big parrott - it's pretending not to move but I saw it - honest!"

We then caught up with family 'Benkura' - Oh man, Dougie - those shortbreads are nectar of the gods! and to spend time with Nakura - Benji - Trouper and Chance was a real delight and we really appreciated you spending valuable show time speaking to us.

Observations? - I thought the minutes silence was all the more silent as the 50 or 60 Basenji's never made a sound, was amazing!

Plenty of great little stories; tips shared; people met and Basenji's stroked.

Result? - we love em' even more!

My youngest's first comment as we left for the return journey was "That was cool!" - apparently it's some young persons speak and it's a good thing apparently.

I might start another thread that explains how our handle's were thought of, but maybe another day!

Alan

• Oh, and how interested were the strutting 'B's in that HUGE Husky like dog and the sleeping Basset Hound over to the edge of the show ring?

That's rightโ€ฆ...........VERY!

Every time they went past, the gentle gliding trot took the body in one direction while the heads remained fixed on THEM!

He he - great stuff!

Alan

• Well done all. I agree it is a superb venue and worth the 10 hours on the road to get there and back!

Steve.

• @Dwaf:

Well!

What can I sayโ€ฆ.....our whole family came to meet Basenji's in the flesh and catch up with forum members and we did both in abundance!

I thought the day may have got off to a bad start as we turned the car into the car park and spotted our first real-live 'B's walking in the car park and their owners reaching for their mobile phones as an apparent family of loons had arrived in a Mondeo with stupid grins all over their faces! It was surely only a matter of tuime before we were carted off for evaluation!

Our first conversation with a Basenji (Noodles adorable 'Rocco') will have done nothing to prove ourselves as 'non loons' as I am positive I could sense him thinking:-
    "Yeah, Yeah I know I'm cute but take a look at this big parrott - it's pretending not to move but I saw it - honest!"

We then caught up with family 'Benkura' - Oh man, Dougie - those shortbreads are nectar of the gods! and to spend time with Nakura - Benji - Trouper and Chance was a real delight and we really appreciated you spending valuable show time speaking to us.

Observations? - I thought the minutes silence was all the more silent as the 50 or 60 Basenji's never made a sound, was amazing!

Plenty of great little stories; tips shared; people met and Basenji's stroked.

Result? - we love em' even more!

My youngest's first comment as we left for the return journey was "That was cool!" - apparently it's some young persons speak and it's a good thing apparently.

I might start another thread that explains how our handle's were thought of, but maybe another day!

Alan

Hi Alan,

Sorry I meant to catch up with you and your family at the show on Sunday after I had been in the ring, but I think you had left the by then.

If you are going to any other please come and have a chat.

I am glad you found our wonderful breed just as lovely in the flesh!

Good luck in your quest for one of your own.

Steve.

• Thanks Steve,

I will,

Alan

Suggested Topics