Basenji without spunk - very sick, pls read

• Thanks for sharing all your info about Beta, what a gorgeous face! I can see why you would compare other females to her. Thanks too for the insight on choosing a male. I wonder how Cesar would react to an adult male. I know Joey has hated other male dogs in the house or even other adult dogs. We did have a female pup, Havanese, here once and after the "introductions", they played like crazy together. It was a blast to watch!

• When I first aquired Caesar, he lived with my husband and myself in a townhome where he was an indoor dog. We took him to the dog park every weekend and he has become extremely socialized and well behaved with interaction with children, cats, and other dogs. He has never shown any interest in territory at our house when other dogs come in to visit.

Beta, she was very territorial…

If you have an opportunity to get to a dog park with another basenji, do it. It is amazing to see the similarities that you originally think are unique...like the stand off ish nature with strangers, or the crazy running, or the snarfy girls.

I loved my snarfy girl even when I didnt know it was okay for her to be snarfy. Once I was around other basenji females, I realized that is just how they talk when greeting. LOL

Two boys should be fun.

I am a little scared about it all. Silly right? Caesar has been extremely depressed, so I am sure it is the right thing to do, but I am very anxious about it all.

Waiting 2 more weeks doesnt help either!

• Here is a pic of the little boy…
    attachment_p_6598_0_lkq32hda89.jpg

• @Mantis:

Here is a pic of the little boy…

Good luck to you Mantis, he's a cutie…....you deserve a Baby B;)

• Good luck Betsey..I'm sure that all that you did for Beta will help many families if they ever encounter anything like this. Beta's life has supreme purpose now…her little spirit will always be remembered in Vet Medicine & perhaps as a case study forever.

I have no doubt that you & Ceasar will provide a loving & caring home for this new little guy. Lot of ((HUGS)) and luck to all of you!

• Aaaaawwwh! What an adorable little fella! I do have to get Joey to the park. I left out one piece of info regarding his nature with other adult dogs…he wasn't neutered at the time. He is now and I will be curious to see if he remains terrritorial in the house. He is fine outside with other dogs. He is always good with kids and people inside or out. He greets people more readily than dogs and is only really standoffish when you really want him to do something. Then his "powers" become evident!
    All the best to you, your new little one and Ceasar! You have a much deserved break coming your way! (Well maybe a distraction is more appropriate ;D)

• Awwwww, what an adorable fellow! Did you pick out a name yet?

• no, and it is sooooo hard. I have a thread going in the puppy section asking for help naming him….

• Your pictures are beautiful of **all **of your babies, past, present and future! Thanks for sharing…

• oh i feel so bad for you going through this with your baby. my prayers are with you. the picture was so sweet.

Suggested Topics