• Shadow (Sherwood's Black Tie Affair) received his RN title last weekend, and this past weekend went best Altered in Breed at Erie Shores Gazehound Specialty.

Sugar (Sherwood's Something Sweet) took Best of Winners and Best of Breed in Basenji's in the Erie Shores BCOC Booster. There were 11 Basenji's entered. While that might not seem like a lot of dogs, up here it is!

Funnily enough, the sire of the litter she just had took Best of Opposite at 10 years old!

• Congrats! Nice wins 🙂

• Well done! Just one thing - can you explain to me what an RN title is please?

thanks

Scott

• RN - Rally Novice

It is the first level rally title. http://www.akc.org/events/rally/getting_started.cfm

• Congratulations to Shadow and Sugar!

Pat

• Great result! Congrats Shadow & Sugar…and Arlene :D!

• Way to go!!!

• Congrats Arlene, way to go!!!

• This Rallying thing sounds like really good fun. I help train at our local dog club where we do KC Good Citizen awards. Rallying sounds like it's more fun. I don't think we have anything like that here in the UK.
    Well done in your success! Keep up the good work. 🙂

• Congrats, Arlene. Sounds like a very nice weekend.

Rally is fun. Shadow's uncle Nicky also has an RN title and it was fun to do. I like that at the RN level it is all on leash. I have been working with my girls too though we are kind of stuck on the sit walk around and down walk around.

• Thank you everyone. I wasn't sure he was going to get it all because on the last leg, he refused to sit at every station. I had to retry two stations twice and two stations once each. Shadow would look at the ground and ignore me! I came out of the ring and a woman asked me,'What happened?'. I had to tell her that they are independent and if he decided he wasn't going to co-operate, he just wouldn't do it. He is solid when he does something, but to get him to do it is another thing. He had two trials in one day, so I guess he figured one time being good was enough, he didn't have to do it twice. Ahhhh, it's a B!

Suggested Topics