• Houston

I see, I never thought of him as regular brindle with lots of stripes..see I am a newbie, that is why I love this board.
    And no heels for me..even though it probably would bring on some laughter..

• Otis still very pretty really shines out.

For heels my daughter wear 5 and 6 inch heels and would run stairs at high school and not fall. It's living in Kansas has done something to her.

Rita Jean

• Houston

I know what is up with all these high school girls and their high heels? I have never been comfortable in them, plus it makes me well over 6 feet 5 inches..so too tall around my peers..not that I am in highschool, but once I was. I have a niece that loves her high heel shoes at 17 yrs…I was all about comfort back then and I am still all about comfort..sneakers, Keens, MBT's or the like..if not I am not going..LOL. Well I am a little more flexible then that, but only a little ;).

Otis' shiny, smooth fur I contribute to his diet...RAW, although it hasn't helped our Schnorkie mix, her fur is more on the dull side..

• The only thing I can add in addition to what everyone else said is that when you go to handling classes or private lessons, please speak up if the "teacher" is handling your dog in a way you're not comfortable with. I'm personally not really fond of the "pretend to drop the dog off the table" and other similar methods for show training. There are very nice positive methods for getting your dog comfortable with all of the routines. My initial handling classes were not a positive experience for me or Zoni because several of these methods were used. I was a little hesitant to speak up initially because I was so new to all of it. After I spoke to the instructor, things have gone a lot more smoothly after that.

Good luck! Is your son going to try junior handling?

• Houston

Nemo, if you are asking me about my son, no,he is only 4 years old, but my daughter might give it a try, if not myself.

RitaJean will have her son give it a go, I believe.

• @Basenjimamma:

Nemo, if you are asking me about my son, no,he is only 4 years old, but my daughter might give it a try, if not myself.

RitaJean will have her son give it a go, I believe.

I was referring to Rita Jean, the original poster. Sorry for the confusion.

• Thank you for the information that will be very helpful. As everyone all ready knows on here I can and will speak out soemtimes not always best. Thank you and I will keep that in my mind.

Yes my son is going to try and learn he was 13 the end of July. I just was thinking Jaycee will be learning and he will so maybe it will go well for the both of them.

Eli is rather a big kid stands 5'6" has 10 1/2 mans shoe and at 130 lbs. Loves Jaycee so much and she loves him. Eli went back to school made her sick for two days when she could not find him.

Again thank you any help or info is very welcome.

Rita Jean

• Houston

I think Eli and Jaycee will have so much fun learning together. Sounds like a good experience.

• And to get them used to being on a table for exam, you can start at home. Use anything that is raised off the floor… counter, table, washing machine (just make sure you put something down that is non skid). My suggestion for anyone considering showing however is to invest in a grooming table.

• Pat thank you I will look into the grooming table.

Basenjimamma I hope they have fun. Eli's good with dogs and so kind and happy be good.

Rita Jean

Suggested Topics