• It was a hot day in Vallejo at the Coyote Hills Kennel Club Show. This was Bella's fifth show at only 6 months 15 days old. She was very much a wild baby too, twirling, itching, jumping up, pretty much every naughty baby thing you can think of she did. The judge, Betty Stites, was very patient with her puppy antics. So we figure no big deal, it is good practice, she is still just a baby. It was a good experience and the judge was nice which is really what we wanted.

She was the only 6-9 month puppy so she went back in the ring for Winners. It was a 3 point major today with 9 girls entered so it was a little bit of a wait for the other three classes. At first she was a little better behaved but after waiting for the other girls to do their down and back she decided to again be a wild child. It was much to both my mom and my surprise that Bella was Winner's Bitch for a 3 point major!!

So for everyone else out there with a wild puppy don't worry. Enjoy your puppy and its antics, you never know what will happen in the ring.
    attachment_t_6073_0_bellawincrop.jpg

• Exactly… never stop showing... you never know when that judge will point to you... and when she did behave, she looked really good... This was the first I got to see her in person and she is a lovely little bitch... congrats

• Thanks, Pat.

Yeah, the judge told my mom while they were taking the picture, "it was good that she settled down at the last minute so I could give her WB". My mom's thought was "What minute was that? I must have missed it." And like a true Nicky kid as soon as the judge told the photographer it might take a while to get a picture of the wild child, Bella stood perfectly and held her stack beautifully for the photographer. Silly puppy!

• Woohoo! Congrats!!!

• @lvoss:

Thanks, Pat.

Yeah, the judge told my mom while they were taking the picture, "it was good that she settled down at the last minute so I could give her WB". My mom's thought was "What minute was that? I must have missed it." And like a true Nicky kid as soon as the judge told the photographer it might take a while to get a picture of the wild child, Bella stood perfectly and held her stack beautifully for the photographer. Silly puppy!

LOL… that is funny... "What minute was that".... ggggg, yes a true Nicky child.....

• This judge has always like Zuri dogs (Zuri bitch was reserve)… but I always remember her saying that she loved the dark eye, deep mascara, and well shaped eyes.. and with this Bella, excels.... she has beautiful eyes and well set ears... lovely head. I am not surprised that she was well liked by the judge.... this judge like my Maggii too...

• Well done Ivoss & Bella!

• Yeah Bella! I remember a comment from another thread (the showing/markings thread) that during Bella's puppy evaluation, one breeder thought that Bella probably wouldn't do that well in the show ring. Bella showed them!

• Fantastic result!!! Yay Bella…you go girl!!! :D:D:D

• @Nemo:

Yeah Bella! I remember a comment from another thread (the showing/markings thread) that during Bella's puppy evaluation, one breeder thought that Bella probably wouldn't do that well in the show ring. Bella showed them!

Yes, when we had a couple of breeders over to do the puppy evaluation, both felt her brother Sawyer was more flashy and would catch the eyes of the judges. The one thought Bella would be difficult to finish because she was more plainly marked. The other said she had a girl with similar markings who was also the only girl in the litter and she had enough attitude to make up for the plain markings and thought Bella would too. She was right, Bella sure is full of herself.:p

• WTG!!! That is awesome Lisa. I am so happy for you and your Mom 🙂

• Congrats Lisa, that's wonderful!!! That is so exciting that Bella is on a roll. When does she get to do it again? 🙂

I love Betty Stites! She is so great with the dogs and takes her time to really look them over. She finished Mojo with a major then all the way to a group 2! Then gave his daughter a 4pt major last fall. Also gave me the dog major with another breeder's boy, who was none too happy to be away from mommy! lol She does give them every oppportunity to show themself and will overlook the idiot moments.

• Congrats Lisa, she's moving quickly!

• Thanks, everyone. Bella is taking a break from the show ring for a few weeks to allow her housemates a chance to get out and do some racing. We won't be showing again until June.

Suggested Topics