• How wonderful to hear of another 'happy ending'..though bittersweet for Brandon. It is very selfless to put Ansel's needs before your own. Someday when the time is right, I'm sure another wonderful dog will come into your life. And until then, you will be able to follow Ansel's life, as this is an "open adoption." Kudos to everyone involved in helping a good thing happen.

• This is about the happiest ending you can have in this situation. I think you all make this forum a special place.

• Here are a few from my phone to hold you over until he gets to his new family. I am so happy I got to be part of Ansels journey to his new home. It was a pleasure having him. He was such a sweet dog, so laid back and up for anything! A good cuddler too! Click the picture to make it bigger- not sure why they are so small!

attachment_p_73242_0_img00070.jpg
    attachment_p_73242_1_img00075.jpg
    attachment_p_73242_2_img00076.jpg
    attachment_p_73242_3_img00082.jpg
    attachment_p_73242_4_img00084.jpg

• What a great looking boy…. glad to hear of a happy ending....

• We drove 10 hours round trip today and got to pick up Ansel. We added an H and we will call him Hansel. 🙂 hope that is ok! He is a Wonderful boy. He just acts like he has lived with us all his life. My husband was snacking on an oatmeal pie and Hansel wanted a bite. He would not give hansel a bite so hansel sat up on the couch and faced the wall and would not look at him!!! it was sooooo funny! so I got a canine carry out treat and then he was happy. haha
    we had a good drive. the boys are good together. jonny is soooo laid back. hansel has let a few growls rumble but otherwise things are reall happy. thank you to all that helped make this happen. already jonny is coming out of his shell in just a few hours! updates and pictures often. thanks again! i cant get the pictures on here but they are in my album. take a look! 🙂 thanks again.

• Ok I think I got the pictures attached!

what a great day! thanks again!
    attachment_p_73475_0_boys2.jpg
    attachment_p_73475_1_boys3.jpg
    attachment_p_73475_2_boys4.jpg
    attachment_p_73475_3_boys5.jpg
    attachment_p_73475_4_the-boys1.jpg

• Looks like one very HAPPY and BEAUTIFUL family. You all are great takes special people with good hearts to open there door as all of you have. Good luck to all of you and I have to say God Bless all of you.

Rita Jean

• thank you for the pictures. Knowing Ansel is going to have a family really makes me happy! You can call him anything you like. He also goes by doodle or punk. It looks like he is going to be super comfortable. I am happy. Baroooo

• We will up date often , so check in!
    had a great nite and every one slept well. had a great breakfast. and a nice walk.

• Wonderful family…let us know how it goes.
    Bless your heart for opening it to a basenji in need of a good home.

• to be really honest, we are the lucky ones! 🙂

• Please keep this post updated with pictures/stories often, i will be sure to continue checking! thank you!!!!

• Houston

Jonny B,

What a great ending and beginning for H-Ansel and your family. I am sure y'all will be very happy and content for many years to come.

• On Tuesday, our first real day of SUMMER vacation, I let my son sleep in and took HAnsel for his morning "relief" walk and when we got home, My son was coming out the garage with jonny b., and HAnsel ran right up to Riley and said " heellllooooo" . It surprised us both so much we just stared at each other and laughed. When my son told his dad, he just kinda when " huh". Tonite HAnsel said helloo to my husband. Blew him away. He didnt really believe us, but boy now he does. it was soooo cute. We are having so much fun with the "boys".
    Sarah, the door got here today. Thanks!!

• @jonny:

HAnsel ran right up to Riley and said " heellllooooo" . It surprised us both so much we just stared at each other and laughed. When my son told his dad, he just kinda when " huh". Tonite HAnsel said helloo to my husband. Blew him away.

Doesn't surprise me a bit. He was always encouraged when he spoke, and he can get some pretty cool sounds. He usually yawns in the morning too. He will also do the yawn if he doesn't want to do something you tell him to do, but will do it anyway. Just his interesting way, I guess. I am glad you are getting to see his personality. Has your husband taken him for a ride yet? It was the way I always could bring him into stores, so he ended up loving it. I got it from seeing some photos of Africans carrying their b's like that.

Thanks for keeping the updates going!

Brandon

Suggested Topics