• @renaultf1:

For some reason, the noises between and adult and a pup seem a lot worse to me :eek::eek::eek: than all the noise I've heard between my 2 adults…I'm beginning to think that short corrections from an adult don't work on a puppy unless it is good at reading the other dog. But I also think and Pat are right about it being more about "get away from me."

I can appreciate what you're going thru, and how stressful it is...all the noise...my situation doesn't seem quite as nerve racking I think because Ruby evens it all out with her tolerance and acceptance. :o

And the wierd part is that the puppy just doesn't get it (or doesn't care)….it always amazes me how a puppy will just keep going back for more verbal abuse....

• @Nemo:

I can't wait for that! I tried taking pictures of them playing today but they didn't turn out too well. These will have to do for now. 😃

Oh my goodness….she is soooo cute!

• <_>

THAT is *brilliant, and I am going to use that idea next time I have a puppy around. What better than positive reinforcement coming directly FROM the puppy! Love it!

Okay..so rationally it will be a long time before we have a puppy around that is staying...but I am going to file this away for future use!_

• @Quercus:

And the wierd part is that the puppy just doesn't get it (or doesn't care)….it always amazes me how a puppy will just keep going back for more verbal abuse....

I know…either Liyah forgets about Brando's noise, or doesn't really care in general, because each day is like Groundhog Day around here...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• @Quercus:

<_>

THAT is *brilliant, and I am going to use that idea next time I have a puppy around. What better than positive reinforcement coming directly FROM the puppy! Love it!

Okay..so rationally it will be a long time before we have a puppy around that is staying...but I am going to file this away for future use!_

_
    LOL, it is nice to be able to give you something that might help after all the help you've given me :D:D:D. At first I was a little concerned that Brando would start growling at her because she had food, but instead it has gone in her favour! :D:D:D. Maybe I should tie a little treat bag around her all day and then Brando wouldn't care if she came near him :rolleyes::rolleyes:._

• @renaultf1:

LOL, it is nice to be able to give you something that might help after all the help you've given me :D:D:D. At first I was a little concerned that Brando would start growling at her because she had food, but instead it has gone in her favour! :D:D:D. Maybe I should tie a little treat bag around her all day and then Brando wouldn't care if she came near him :rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Ummm..I don't know…he might eat her!

Thanks for the kind words 🙂

• @Quercus:

Oh my goodness….she is soooo cute!

Thank you. I think she is absolutely adorable. :D:D:D I wish I could post a video of her but the files are too big and I don't know how to edit them smaller. :mad:

• @renaultf1:

It sounds like the sleep, crate, housetraining is going well with Zoni…I think we're about the same in those departments.

It is great to be able to compare notes with you since our pups are so close in age! Oh, and what sorts of things are you doing to get Zoni tired at night...I need all the ideas I can get! 🙂

It is fun to compare notes! It would be funny if Liyah and Zoni are related (within a reasonable number of generations, that is). I just realized that Nemo and Zoni are related about 3-4 generations back.

I really haven't had to do too much to get her sleepy. Nemo seems to take care of that most of the time in the evening. I'll play with her when he isn't interested. They can go for 30 minutes or more. She has been taking a long nap in the evening the last few days. But we start puppy class tomorrow so we'll be working on training a little from then on. Conformation class doesn't officially start till April. We have a basenji puppy match at the end of the month, which I assume means I need to get her reasonably leash trained in the meantime. :rolleyes: And if I can find a lunge whip, I'm going to try to start getting her "coursing genes" activated. I've got this cool unstuffed fox toy that's about 1.5 ft long, that I'm going to attach to the end.

If I can find that "squirrel dude" toy, I might get one of those. Sounds like fun. The buster cube is a bit big.

I think she is finally starting to eat more regularly now. I've been following the 15 minute rule but she usually is pretty distracted and not interested in eating. I waited a little longer tonight to feed her and she actually concentrated on her food for the first time this evening.

• Don't worry about her "not" eating… she will not starve herself... puppies go through lots of ... I will not eat... especially when they start teething... and in the end... being consistant now will build good eating habits later on

• I love reading you guys' puppy days of our lives. Its great 🙂 We will have read tons of pointers by the time we get number two home.

Suggested Topics