Skip to content

Basenji Collars?

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Is she a Basenji?

    Basenji Talk
    16
    2 Votes
    16 Posts
    12k Views
    J
    @melduff I for one think this is FANTASTIC news! You guys are so lucky! You have a one of kind super dog with the papers to prove it. Walks around the neighborhood and trips to the dog park are going to be very much fun... Friendly neighbor: Oh, she's so cute! What kind of dog is she? You: Thanks you so much. Why, she's a Staffy Chow Lab Rott Russell Husky. (Ya haff ta memorize that) :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :thumbs_up: Thanks a bunch for letting us know. Very much enjoyed your thread.
  • Basenji

    Basenji Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    12k Views
    P
    @ktiefen1 You would be correct!! Potty Training eventually came easy because ours is so treat motivated....lol. Basic obedience is a challenge for us......ahe is definitely her own girl....and please dont disturb her sleep. You could lose a limb. ::)))))
  • Basenji Collar

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    8k Views
    K
    We bought here: http://www.dogcollars.nl/ Fine stuff.
  • Basenji mix and martingale collar

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    6k Views
    Q
    My boy is a real escape artist, and I mean real - Julius K9, loads that people have recommended as being for 'Houdini dogs'. He also chews through leashes, including a beautiful, very expensive leather and brass….which he neatly chewed into 8 inch lengths when I was foolish enough to leave it below 6 feet up....the only thing I trust my boy to be tethered in is his current harness - a Ruffwear Webmaster. For walking, yes, a martingale (and oddly enough, Butu has never worked the trick when slack), but I'd definitely not trust him tethered. I'd get him one of these, and probably a chain and trust him in an open stall where he can see you and you can chat....I'd make the chain long enough that he could stand in the entrance, but could go inside the stall if he wants a sleep, drink, food from his bowls....do not let him near tack, horses feeding stuff, horse's anything - and I'd be cautious about hay too.... Chealsie508 - have you tried these (Ruffwear Webmaster?) If this hadn't worked I was going for a Ruffwear Doubleback, which costs a serious amount of money (but when I think of the number of useless harnesses I've bought..) but is the nearest thing I've seen to a doggie straitjacket - it's used by those people who drag labradors rock climbing.... http://www.ruffwear.co.uk/dog-gear/harnesses/doubleback-harness
  • What type of collar does your Basenji wear??

    Basenji Talk
    16
    0 Votes
    16 Posts
    8k Views
    jys1011J
    rockinmommy-we got fleece lined collars at ALL HOUNDS. I like their policy. If your dog chews up his collar they replace it for free :D Check it out! http://www.allhoundsapparel.com And the lady majestic martingale collars uses satin to line her collars…aahh soft :) http://www.majesticcollars.com Good luck!
  • "A Tired Basenji Is A Happy Basenji"

    Basenji Talk
    20
    0 Votes
    20 Posts
    23k Views
    WeLuvBasenjisW
    I have found that if I take my B to doggie daycare (even if it's only for half a day), she is ehausted when I bring her home. She will let me do the dishes without any basenji help! She also tends to treat our doggie friends a little nicer when they come around. Having a worn out basenji is deifinitely worth the $15!!