How much more growth can I expect?

• Gizmo is 5 months today, and is around 10.6Kg.

Can I expect him to grow more in height/width/length?

I just bought a nice harness for him, but it is just ever so slightly too big for him.
    It's for a medium breed, and the next size bellow is for small/xsmall breed. I imagine the small breed straps could fit on the max setting, but the design and fitting would most likely be too tight around the chest/legs area.

This is the measurements/label of the harness. Do you think he will grow into it? I really hope so, it's a great harness.
    attachment_t_7765_0_harness-lable.jpg
    attachment_t_7765_1_harness.jpg

• Gizmo is a big boy 😉 Tillo was 'only' 7 kilo when he was 5 months. He's about 10.5 kg now. He would probably fit your new harness on the smallest size, so there is hope 😉

Good looking harness btw. 🙂

• Thanks Janneke. Yeah I am very pleased with it. Soft, and sturdy. If he pulls it balances out the pressure to the chest rather than the neck…unlike the other harness I had.

It's all muscle! lol! It does fit on the smallest setting, but it's still a little bit loose.

Hmm, so I guess I can expect more growth after 5 months then? Lord, he just might turn out to become 12-13 kg!

• It depends on the breeder. Some finish growing and filling out at two years, some are slower. AJ didn't completely fill out until he was five.

• I'd imagine that Gizmo would keep growing in height if he is only 5 months. Is the last video you posted recent (as of 2 weeks)? It looks like he still has "growth knuckles" so I imagine some additional height is possible. And his body will likely continue to fill out more. His is still really young. But like AJ said, that takes a while for some dogs.

• Hm, I think I will return it today and wait until he is older til I invest in a new harness. Just stick to the neck collar for now.

• Nerdy…
    My pup Liyah who will be 1 yr on Saturday is still not fully mature. She grew and matured A LOT over the last month - her breeders commented on it when they saw her last weekend, and they had seen her 3 weeks before. Her brothers & sisters are far more mature than she is - the difference has been noticeable since about 5 months.

Have you seen any of Gizmo's siblings to compare his growth to them. You might get some idea about his growth if you saw some of them.

• As AJ said-depends on the line. But I suspect a lot more filling out. If you want to use the harness, I would keep it. Gizmo may take a few years to fill out totally. Shadow and Sugar didn't fill out until 2-3 and Sugar really looked better after the puppies, so she was around 3 1/2. I don't know if I would want to wait that long to buy another harness.

• I am definitely wondering the same thing about lilu(B mix), she is 3 1/2 months old and she is already 7 kilos….looks like shes gonna be a big gurl!

• @Kingsley1230:

I am definitely wondering the same thing about lilu(B mix), she is 3 1/2 months old and she is already 7 kilos….looks like shes gonna be a big gurl!

The fact that she is a mix, you never will know how much she will grow or how big she will get…. as they say, what you see is what you get...

Suggested Topics