Skip to content

Can/Us border

Basenji Talk
  • My friend Sue and I were going to see another friend who lives in NY. (We live in Can) We had our dogs in the crates, all our papers, etc. They were taking about 5 min each car doing thorough checks on everyone (must have been work to order day). Our turn came up-usual ?'s.

    Where do you live? Where you going? and then the stupidest ?'s. Where did you meet your friend?? I looked at Sue with this perplexed look and turned back to MR. Border Guard sitting in his chair lounging and said, We met her doing dog shows! He sits up in his chair and says, "Dogs? What kind of dogs?" "Can I see?" And proceeds to oggle, and sweet talk the dogs, completely forgetting about us. After a few min of listening to his baby talk he simply says to go ahead! Sometimes it just pays to have dogs in crates!!

  • Oh Arlene what a creep LOL LOL…

Suggested Topics

  • Breeding/Barking/Yelping

    Basenji Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    5k Views
    F
    I want to know,How long does pregnancy period of bitch have? And what are the primary symptoms in order to identify it?
  • Can anyone attest to wholesale bully sticks / antlers??

    Basenji Talk
    24
    0 Votes
    24 Posts
    14k Views
    krunzerK
    @DebraDownSouth: Becca I can ask them and get back with you. I know the owner :) I could also send you a handful and if your guys like them, I can then, just let me know. Sorry Debra, are you talking to me? My name is Kristen…...Becca is my female's name! LOL. I emailed them yesterday and am waiting for a reply. Thank you for your kindness. I would really like to get a bag, I know the dogs here would really love them!
  • Awareness can only help….

    Basenji Talk
    35
    0 Votes
    35 Posts
    19k Views
    tanzaT
    @sharronhurlbut: Please make sure you strip test your basenjis one a month. If you see a lot of water drinking/peeing, please get the strip tests out and test again. These poor puppymill dogs are not from quality breeders and their health is so much in doubt…. So, strip test, and if you get a puppymill dog get them tested for fanconis. Knowledge is power. For sure everyone should be strip testing.. and better yet, consider doing a DNA Test for Fanconi…. and if you are strip testing... consider doing it more than one day, once a month.. consider doing it 3 to 4 days in a row per month...
  • Basenji calender at Borders

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    6k Views
    ?
    I get the Basenji Calendar every year too. I noticed some of the dogs are the same one's from last years just in a different pose. They could at least take pics of some new dogs.
  • Obedience/socializing

    Basenji Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    meaghanmplattM
    Wow Quercus…that is sooo helpful! Thank you so much for searching that for me!!! I appreciate it so much....if you ever fly into Pittsburgh....you have a place to stay :)
  • Off leash can be OK…..

    Basenji Talk
    19
    0 Votes
    19 Posts
    9k Views
    B
    My son uses a foxtail he has on a fishing rod to play with the B's…....a few of them will chase it till the tounges drag on the ground. It's fun to watch them.:)