Skip to content

Can/Us border

Basenji Talk
  • My friend Sue and I were going to see another friend who lives in NY. (We live in Can) We had our dogs in the crates, all our papers, etc. They were taking about 5 min each car doing thorough checks on everyone (must have been work to order day). Our turn came up-usual ?'s.

    Where do you live? Where you going? and then the stupidest ?'s. Where did you meet your friend?? I looked at Sue with this perplexed look and turned back to MR. Border Guard sitting in his chair lounging and said, We met her doing dog shows! He sits up in his chair and says, "Dogs? What kind of dogs?" "Can I see?" And proceeds to oggle, and sweet talk the dogs, completely forgetting about us. After a few min of listening to his baby talk he simply says to go ahead! Sometimes it just pays to have dogs in crates!!

  • Oh Arlene what a creep LOL LOL…

Suggested Topics

  • Bringing home our B 3/9/2012

    Basenji Talk
    56
    0 Votes
    56 Posts
    33k Views
    Chealsie508C
    Ready to commit myself!!! Hahaha.. Alleycat- so incredibly adorable, I love the look on his face in the first one…might be a hint of mischief in there?! Lol The little black and white bundles get me everytime! I fell in love with breed and wanted a red and white...but after receiving Oakley...it's hard not to have the black and whites melt me. Take lots of pics, it goes by quicker than I remember thinking it would. Love his wide white stripe and his little white mitten foot in the back...he looks overall to be a "cool, laid back type"?! Perhaps it's because I was so used to the panic look as Oakley was panicked by many things back then!
  • 0 Votes
    21 Posts
    18k Views
    jys1011J
    Hi Jason I was around way back when you first got Tucker. I'm so very happy to hear that you are all going to better environments. And congrats on your new baby!! I've since had 3 myself ;O) Good luck to you!
  • RABIES LAWS IN THE 50 UNITED STATES as of 1/3/10

    Basenji Talk
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    952 Views
    No one has replied
  • Awareness can only help….

    Basenji Talk
    35
    0 Votes
    35 Posts
    19k Views
    tanzaT
    @sharronhurlbut: Please make sure you strip test your basenjis one a month. If you see a lot of water drinking/peeing, please get the strip tests out and test again. These poor puppymill dogs are not from quality breeders and their health is so much in doubt…. So, strip test, and if you get a puppymill dog get them tested for fanconis. Knowledge is power. For sure everyone should be strip testing.. and better yet, consider doing a DNA Test for Fanconi…. and if you are strip testing... consider doing it more than one day, once a month.. consider doing it 3 to 4 days in a row per month...
  • Can everybody…

    Basenji Talk
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    6k Views
    tanzaT
    Mine have cruddy teeth too… and it could be the hard, hard water... or in the case of OJ it is genetic as all the dogs from his Dam have terrible teeth... and he would always have extractions and so to the point that they just fell out by themselves.... By the way, I tried the oxyfresh... no real help.... And OJ too, after a teeth cleaning, he was like a baby pup again, which told me that his teeth were bothering him....
  • Off leash can be OK…..

    Basenji Talk
    19
    0 Votes
    19 Posts
    9k Views
    B
    My son uses a foxtail he has on a fishing rod to play with the B's…....a few of them will chase it till the tounges drag on the ground. It's fun to watch them.:)