• @tanza:

And as far as "if it is not broke" as you have seen from the few messages on here lately, accidents regardless how careful you are happen… why take that chance?

And really having her spayed would make her a happier girl... without going through "giant" PMS

Heck yeah, I'd get "spayed" if it worked that way for us!

• @EskiLovr:

Heck yeah, I'd get "spayed" if it worked that way for us!

Hmm, I know many that would tell you it does!!! 😃

• You say "if it's not broke, don't fix it", but it sounds like it IS broke. If she's only like this when she's in season, there is a very good chance that spaying will help that. It also means she's not at a risk of pyometria.

• We had a beagle growing up that we never had spayed…..I think my parents were thinking about breeding her at some point when we got her, but it never happened, and she never got spayed. She got loose a few times, but she was so mean to every other dog, no boy dogs ever got close.

Anyway, long story short, she lived a very long happy life, but she finally passed away from what was explained to me as "tumors all over her girly parts." My parents and I decided that in the future, it would be best if we always got our dogs spayed from then on. It was kind of heartbreaking to know how much pain she was in, especially if she was never going to have the chance to use it for what it was intended. So, if you aren't going to breed her, why put her at risk?

• Years ago, my sister lost two female Chessies to cancer. Yes, they were older, but they could have lived many more years had they been spayed early on. (It was the now EX-husband that insisted that none of the dogs be neutered or spayed. Her Visulas are spayed and neutered. One is 14, the other, 9. Both have out lived the Chessies)

Please, spay. Have a longer and healthier time with your dogs. Their stay here with us is much too short as it is.

• I believe that I will be calling the vet to have her spayed. As far as Hubby goes it is not as bad as it sounds, apparently he was looking for a excuse to sleep in the other room anyway due to the fact that apparently I snore…..LOUDLY! Hahaha. We go thru phases where he and I have alergies and he sneezes all night and I snore and neither of us get any sleep.

• @abby_basenji:

I believe that I will be calling the vet to have her spayed. As far as Hubby goes it is not as bad as it sounds, apparently he was looking for a excuse to sleep in the other room anyway due to the fact that apparently I snore…..LOUDLY! Hahaha. We go thru phases where he and I have alergies and he sneezes all night and I snore and neither of us get any sleep.

Good for you ….. that is for sure the right decision....

• Let us know when your girl is back home and with you.
    Good call re this surgery.

• Well after we discussed it further, even though she has tested clear I really don't know that much about her parents and the amount of inbreeding that was done. Do I really want to breed her? Probably not. Besides that I figured if I really want another B there are plenty of people on here that are reputable breeders that I can get a puppy from to breed if I want, or just get a puppy from. I was thinking though if I want to breed I would get one from a breeder here if I want another B just to have another B, I will get one from BRAT! Anyway her appointment is not until the 27th of october that was the soonest our vet can get her in, so that is when we are going.

• @abby_basenji:

Well after we discussed it further, even though she has tested clear I really don't know that much about her parents and the amount of inbreeding that was done. Do I really want to breed her? Probably not. Besides that I figured if I really want another B there are plenty of people on here that are reputable breeders that I can get a puppy from to breed if I want, or just get a puppy from. I was thinking though if I want to breed I would get one from a breeder here if I want another B just to have another B, I will get one from BRAT! Anyway her appointment is not until the 27th of october that was the soonest our vet can get her in, so that is when we are going.

Good for you…. there are many responsible breeders if you decide to go that way... and certainly many in rescue that need loving homes.... your are doing the right thing.... Kudos to you!!!

Suggested Topics