Skip to content

Science Diet

Basenji Feeding

Suggested Topics

  • Raw Food Diet??!?!

    Basenji Feeding
    26
    0 Votes
    26 Posts
    34k Views
    Buddys PalB
    Ok, just had to add some more. Had a friend over yesterday (our first thanksgiving turkey, then Thursday again!) and she saw Hershey 12.8 years old and she mentioned how alert he was. Coat and eyes were clear and shiney! I was really excited to hear this as I read this about others' dogs in different forums etc. So, anyone thinking about it, it is not a fad…..it works and they all love it!
  • Is eating Science Diet better than not eating at all?

    Basenji Feeding
    32
    0 Votes
    32 Posts
    22k Views
    E
    First, I want to say that my B has liver disease, not kidney…but he is also supposed to be on a low protein diet. He was diagnosed at age 11...he is 15 now! The vet initially suggested Science Diet, and Senji would rather starve to death than eat that, but I digress. To get to the point, I cook for him. Usually boiled chicken or turkey, white meat or legs. The organ meat or red meat stresses his liver. I add rice and vegetables to the broth. He grew up eating mostly Pedigree, but they keep changing the formula. I put a little bit of dry dog food down and then the rice/meat mixture on top. If he doesn't eat the dry dog food, he tends to get runny stools. Throw in any vegetable you think your B will eat, such as carrots, green beans, zucchini, peas, etc. (No mushrooms or onions!)He also likes to eat scrambled egg, cottage cheese or yogurt. Occasionally, he'll eat some white fish or salmon too. His coat looks great and he still runs around like a pup!
  • Switching to a "senior" diet…

    Basenji Feeding
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    5k Views
    agilebasenjiA
    My boyz (almost 13, almost 12) are on Evo small bites. One gets probiotics in the evening meal, the other not. Both are on joint sups.
  • Diet Supplements

    Basenji Feeding
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    6k Views
    nobarkusN
    Maybe there's some mineral imbalance. Check out Dinovite on the web. It contains different earth clays and probiotics.
  • Should I change his diet?

    Basenji Feeding
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    7k Views
    tanzaT
    There is also a low fat EVO that is meat and fruit, no grains… I have been slowly changing mine to it and they are doing great... but until you have the intestinal issues under control, I would keep him on that if that is what your Vet is recommending. And for the skin you can get 3V Caps.. they are a great supplement
  • Thoughts about feeding a raw diet?

    Basenji Feeding
    23
    0 Votes
    23 Posts
    19k Views
    nala121498N
    LOL! Me too…both rhyming body parts. Thanks for the laugh, Andrea...I was reading it and didn't "get it" at first...I'm reading your prior posts in this thread looking for "butt"...then I re-read it and literally laughed out loud!!