• This past weekend I entered my 6 month old puppies in their first show, Clermont Kennel Club near Cincinnati OH. As we all know, puppies at show can be unpredictible at best.
    The red bitch I kept is Tapas (Epic's Tasty Little Dish) & the tri bitch, Skye, ( Epic's Accidental Magic) is in a show home in Indianapolis.
    This is the oops litter sired by Can Ch DC Select-Gana Incantation MC FCH III )who is 14 years old & out of my tri bitch CH Epic's Tri My Best JC.
    I showed Tapas in BBE, Skye in 6-9 puppy, & Peepers (still needs a major) in open. Both puppies behaved themselves & show nicely.
    Skye was winners bitch for a 3 point major under Ellen Fetter! I have to give credit to Skye's owner. She had Skye in excellent condition & she showed beautifully. The nails were trimmed & she was bathed, all I had to do was trim her tail a little & go in the ring.
    Congrats to all the other exhibitors & winners this past weekend!

Becky & the Ninjas

• @Becky:

This past weekend I entered my 6 month old puppies in their first show, Clermont Kennel Club near Cincinnati OH. As we all know, puppies at show can be unpredictible at best.
    The red bitch I kept is Tapas (Epic's Tasty Little Dish) & the tri bitch, Skye, ( Epic's Accidental Magic) is in a show home in Indianapolis.
    This is the oops litter sired by Can Ch DC Select-Gana Incantation MC FCH III )who is 14 years old & out of my tri bitch CH Epic's Tri My Best JC.
    I showed Tapas in BBE, Skye in 6-9 puppy, & Peepers (still needs a major) in open. Both puppies behaved themselves & show nicely.
    Skye was winners bitch for a 3 point major under Ellen Fetter! I have to give credit to Skye's owner. She had Skye in excellent condition & she showed beautifully. The nails were trimmed & she was bathed, all I had to do was trim her tail a little & go in the ring.
    Congrats to all the other exhibitors & winners this past weekend!

Becky & the Ninjas

What a great way to start off… congrats..... and we all can understand an OPPS litter... it happens... but as long as DNA for Fanconi is done and the rest of health testing as soon as possible... we all live with the fact that when you have intact dogs and bitches... "shit" happens...

• Yea, for your win..but Pat is right.
    Be sure you know what your b's lines have in them.
    Knowledge is power.

• I said it was an oops, but not really my oops. Charlie (God love him) was taking care of Ola while I was at a show. Ola was in a "silent heat" which we did not realize at the time. :o This happened 2 days before the cut off date in December for sending in for testing.
    Fortunately I had sent in over 30 samples & pedigrees several years ago for the research project. So Jon Curby got the results for me ASAP, so I did not have to abort the litter. Both parents are probably Clear. Jon told me many of the samples we sent in were used in test developement. Made it worth the hours of time it took to compile all that information
    I had considered this old Man for my bitch, but figured he was too old. This is line breeding on Data, with True, Target, & many nice bitches thrown in. There were 4 puppies, a tri male in a show home, the tri bitch, my red bitch, & a red bitch in a pet home (very well loved).
    If Merlin is still fertile this year I am breeding Ola's sister to him.

Becky & the Ninjas

• Congrats on the win Beck!
    It is always cool for a puppy to win big their first time out.. but Peeps shoulda kicked her butt!

I think that Becky is well aware of testing and what is involved. Her Jolly was a performance star and his life was cut short to Fanconi Syndrome. She knows all too well how Fanconi can suck the life out of a basenji.
    The test was a godsend, and those of us that have lived it, will use the test in and out, backwards and forwards… as it is too serious of an issue to breed against it with wishful or unrealistic thinking.

But, there is always a good side to things.... as we type, Benny, Jolly, Data, and Nate.... some true great ones... are all running free, stalking bunnies... and having their girls....

Suggested Topics