Skip to content

Anyone in the Point Mugu/Los Angeles area of CA?

Off Topic
  • I just got back from Los Angeles about two hours ago, DH is out there on travel and I came out to visit the base. We are up for orders next summer and it was a great opportunity for me to visit Point Mugu and see the area in case it is a choice for us. Are any of you from there? It would be great to know that there are Basenji people out there already, that would make an easier transition for me if we get orders there.

  • That area is lovely. We adopted Fiji from a woman in Oxnard, and I think there may be a breeder there.

    We do have a big basenji community here in San Diego - 3+ hours south of where you'll be - pretty long drive but we'd love to see you! :D

Suggested Topics

  • Housing: B friends in the Bay Area?

    Off Topic
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    MacPackM
    Sorry Lori, my friend is probably leaving San Fran about the time you will be getting there.
  • Abuse of status/service dogs

    Off Topic
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    5k Views
    BARTB
    I do agree that there are not always "obvious" disabilities for those with service dogs and that many of the laws/policies (in the US) are oppressive to dog owners i.e. you can be cited, in many jurisdictions, for leaving your dog in the car, but you can't bring them into the store either, or leave them tied up outside. But my OP was in regard to someone I have known for many years, and though she is getting on in years, has no disability, and the dog is not certified, just well-trained. I find this kind of abuse of 'the system' and of people's general kindness to be just wrong. Relating to handicapped parking, I would rather walk from the furthest parking available than park in a handicapped designated spot. My father has a handicapped hang tag (hip and knee surgeries) but keeps it in his glove box and only uses it if he's having a "bad" day. BTW: Kipawa - don't know where she got the "service dog" vest, but probably not e-Bay as she is not very 'computer savy'. I suspect from someone who actually has service dogs. Which, in and of itself, is another problem.
  • CA Animal Abuse registry

    Off Topic
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    1k Views
    No one has replied
  • Anyone Familiar with Fort Hood Area ?

    Off Topic
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    1k Views
    No one has replied
  • I have the best mom/enabler ever!!!

    Off Topic
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    4k Views
    Robin_n_JackR
    Thats awesome! I used to do that hike all the time when I was a kid- never took a dog with me, though. I think the five mile loop hike is the one we used to do with school once a year. Wow- I really miss that!
  • Anyone have experience w/ breaking a lease?

    Off Topic
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    8k Views
    S
    Good luck..let us know what happens.