Breeder going out of business in IL

• I received an email from this person that stated they are going out of business and want to sell their breeding dogs and bitches… Don't know if those of you with BRAT or other rescue want to try and get these basenjis. Looks like they have 3 bitches and 2 males...

www.brineskennel.com

• I can't believe they are trying to sell those boys for almost 900 dollars.. poor babies look fed but mangy… 😞

• Really sad… 😞

• I sent this on to BRAT, but the prices are way beyond what we can do..
    SIGH!

• @sharronhurlbut:

I sent this on to BRAT, but the prices are way beyond what we can do..
    SIGH!

Well maybe if they don't sell them, they might do a "package" deal….what was it 300.00 each? I think that is what she put in the mail to me...

And if you look at the pictures, certainly they do not take care of their nails...

And "champion bloodlines" what a crock.....

• I do hope BRAT or someone with good intentions can get them.
    I hate to see them continue in the breeding poor.
    Not only sad for the dogs, but the quality of these pups has to be poor…or am I reading this line wrong??

• And I don't know if any of you looked at the other breeds for sale, how sad… and they might take less, the Beagles were $50...

• @sharronhurlbut:

I do hope BRAT or someone with good intentions can get them.
    I hate to see them continue in the breeding poor.
    Not only sad for the dogs, but the quality of these pups has to be poor…or am I reading this line wrong??

Nope, you are not reading wrong… and I would say worst then poor quality....

• I know when my friend goes to the pet auctions, the bidding starts at $25.
    Most of those b's go for less than $50.
    Course, its not just the cost…its where do we put them when we start to rehab them.
    Lots of folks are off on vacations with the families.
    Sorry, I hate to be negative...
    BUT reality is we needs to have $$ to get the dogs, places to put them when we get them fixed and used to homes...and then folks to adopt them.
    Sometimes the $$ is the least of it.
    Fingers crossed I can share some good news on this group.

• This person also called and left me a message at home… I don't wonder if she might be "prime" to take an offer for all 6....

• I can't get over how the website says repeatedly that these people LOVE dogs. Yeah, love making $$ off of them. I mean, can they even wrap their heads around the harm they've done to each of those breeds?

• @mauigirl:

I can't get over how the website says repeatedly that these people LOVE dogs. Yeah, love making $$ off of them. I mean, can they even wrap their heads around the harm they've done to each of those breeds?

Exactly….. well put

• @tanza:

I received an email from this person that stated they are going out of business and want to sell their breeding dogs and bitches… Don't know if those of you with BRAT or other rescue want to try and get these basenjis. Looks like they have 3 bitches and 2 males...

www.brineskennel.com

Wow, after looking at the pictures of these dogs my gut reaction is very poor breeding. Also in one of the pictures the nails of that dog were terribly long. Their physical condition leaves much to be desired. This certainly does not speak well for the person who runs this breeder farm.

Jason

• Hopefully we can get some or all of them.
    BRAT board is aware..so finger crossed I can post something good soon.

• Is it just me, all the basenji's look really big and round?

• @vstripe:

Is it just me, all the basenji's look really big and round?

I thought some looked like barrels, not basenjis. :eek:
    Although there was one that looked a bit thin to me; I think it may have been the little female that produces a litter every year.

• I also noticed the nails, and the fact that these dogs don't look like pure bred basenjis. They are kind of disproportional.

• @Alex:

I also noticed the nails, and the fact that these dogs don't look like pure bred basenjis. They are kind of disproportional.

Definitely. "High on leg" anyone?

• Yes, these are the "quality cough lie* that we need to get out of the breeding pool.
    I so hope we can.

• Well, BRAT has phoned and offered to take them off this breeders hands, and please contact us if they want to give the dogs to rescue.
    I understand from other lists, this woman is calling quality breeders to see if they will buy these dogs from her. They checked out the photos and lines, and lots of humors comments were shared.

So, we will just have to see how it goes.

Suggested Topics