• @chiya:

Pat, who is Phil?? What is Phil's last name and kennel name??

No kennel name…. email me privately, this is who Michael got his boy from also.

• @tanza:

No kennel name…. email me privately, this is who Michael got his boy from also.

OH NO!! I got it. Thanks Pat! :eek:
    Coz I went thru my BCOA roster, no member by the name of Phil in Colorado
    listed…..

• The most important thing is that this pup be DNA tested for Fanconi…. he obviously has a loving home.... regardless of were he came from....

• Yes, she has a two in three chance of having a good report..so fingers crossed she gets a good report.
    As things are changing so quickly re b's and health, I would love to see fanconis gone in my lifetime..
    What a great thing!

• @tanza:

The most important thing is that this pup be DNA tested for Fanconi…. he obviously has a loving home.... regardless of were he came from....

I totally agree.
    As long as it is fanconi clear and have a good temperatment!!

• @chiya:

I totally agree.
    As long as it is fanconi clear and have a good temperatment!!

Or a Carrier.. as far as Fanconi goes… at least they will never develop Fanconi...
    But unless you test, you will not know... it is important regardless of where you got your B from.. And along with others on this Forum... Chiya can tell you it is NO fun having a Fanconi affected Basenji..... period...

I too would like to see Fanconi "gone" in my lifetime.. but unless we all work to get the word out and get these PM's and BYB's to test their dogs.. it will never happen.... and Fanconi is just the tip of the iceberg when you talk about health testing... it is important...... and people need to take it serious... In My Humble Opinion....

• @tanza:

Or a Carrier.. as far as Fanconi goes… at least they will never develop Fanconi...
    But unless you test, you will not know... it is important regardless of where you got your B from.. And along with others on this Forum... Chiya can tell you it is NO fun having a Fanconi affected Basenji..... period...

I too would like to see Fanconi "gone" in my lifetime.. but unless we all work to get the word out and get these PM's and BYB's to test their dogs.. it will never happen.... and Fanconi is just the tip of the iceberg when you talk about health testing... it is important...... and people need to take it serious... In My Humble Opinion....

I would NEVER wish a Fanconi dog on anyone even my worst enemy!!
    Living with a fanconi dog is A LOT OF WORK!!

The problem with BYB and PM breeders is that they don't care
    about health testing before breeding.
    So they are increasing the chances of producing more and more
    afflicted dogs!
    It kills me EVERYDAY to see my Fanconi boy suffering from
    the disease. All he does is drinking and peeing…

He runs away and hides when he sees me approaching with
    pills!!

• I also had a basenji with fanconis who I had hide from me…made life hell for the whole family, not to mention the b'.
    The reason I am so happy to support BRAT is that they are trying to get these b's from kennels that are closing.
    Can they get them all..no, can they try, you bet..
    Each one out of the breeding pool makes the lines stronger, as the breeders are able to breed clear dogs and we educate the public to the good vs bad breeders..IMO.

• Sharon I didn't know we could test for how basenjis can undermine all the house rules - I must have missed that on the OFA site. 🙂

(sorry I just couldn't resist.

• Well, we know there are house rules and then there are b' house rules.
    Laugh

Suggested Topics