Trixie's Daddy And The Dog Park

• I forgot to mention that the hubby went with me to the dog park yesterday (Sunday). He just could not believe me when I kept telling him that even when she was loose she always comes back to check in, and how great she has been doing with all of the other dogs. We have been taking her 1 to 2 times per week. He was so proud of his little girl! He was so nervous (just like I was) when he saw about 6 - 7 big dogs running around (including a great dane that looked like a pony!) and off she sprinted to run and play with all! We have gotten more comments on Trixie when she is in a full run (sorry no pictures yet) chasing after the other dogs. They all want to know what kind of dog she is and they all comment on her muscular build etc. It makes for a very proud mama and papa!!!! I can see such a difference in the way she is socializing with other dogs and people!! YEAH LITTLE GIRL!!!

• It's wonderful seeing a basenji run. They are usually the smallest in the big dog parks but they sure can keep up. When I use to take Talker to a make shift dog park (four enclosed baseball fields) he would run with a border collie. The border collie would always be chasing Talker and the humans were always amazed at his speed and how he was never panting while the border collie would be panting up a storm. It was wonderful to see him stretched out in a full run.

Trixie's Daddy should be proud at his girl and so should you.

🙂

• @basenjibratz:

It's wonderful seeing a basenji run. They are usually the smallest in the big dog parks but they sure can keep up. When I use to take Talker to a make shift dog park (four enclosed baseball fields) he would run with a border collie. The border collie would always be chasing Talker and the humans were always amazed at his speed and how he was never panting while the border collie would be panting up a storm. It was wonderful to see him stretched out in a full run.

Trixie's Daddy should be proud at his girl and so should you.

🙂

Yes I have had several people comment that after a full run Trixie is looking at the other dogs like "why are you panting?" They have often asked me if she ever seems to get tired, my reply is always yes but it takes a while! They are beautiful to watch run! Everytime I watch her it amazes me!

Suggested Topics