Skip to content

Ear licking

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • Puppy Ear Build-up?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    D
    @elbrant That's good to know! We are in Kansas where pollen and allergies are rampant lol, I am wondering more if that's what it is since the build-up isn't increasing very quickly at all. Seems to be worse after we spend a while outside.
  • Flakey ears?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    No one has replied
  • Excessive licking

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    7k Views
    S
    Benedryl is heaven sent to my ichy boy… I keep plenty on hand.
  • Ears glued

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    19
    0 Votes
    19 Posts
    9k Views
    P
    Am I alone in thinking the world has gone mad? What on earth was the vet thinking of? I trust you'll be looking for another vet? I wnt add further advice on removing glue - you've been given lots of good advice. I hope
  • Ear Rash. Dog Ear Vasculitis

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    6
    1 Votes
    6 Posts
    11k Views
    elbrantE
    @obi1 said in Ear Rash. Dog Ear Vasculitis: Do you know of better ear muffs? Obi, I saw a funny looking knitted cap that might fit over Basenji sized ears on etsy.com. I think it would help prevent the ear edges and tips from becoming frostbitten. The shop seems to focus on Cats, but the owner appears to be willing to do special orders. Worth a try....
  • Big ears

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    7k Views
    BarklessdogB
    The dogs in the picture look so much wilder to me. I liked the smaller ears. also they talk about the dogs had short muzzles. Very cool pictures, thanks for posting the link.