She is to smart for her own good!!

• Sorry I have been away so long. We doing major home improvements and we have been so busy!! I can truly tell you that Trixie amazed all of us once again!! Saturday night by husband decided we should do a crab leg and shrimp dinner. I went to the store and purchased the crab legs and shrimp. As I was in the process of making the crab legs, the shrimp that had been cleaned and put in a bowl on our kitchen table (I know what you are all thinking, what an idiot) I suddenly heard a large thump from behind me and everyone yelling Trixie NOooooooooooooooo! Well Trixie had figured out that if she pulls on that table cloth these dump people keep putting on the table the food comes towards me. Needless to say she consumed 6 shrimp (tails and all) before I could even come close to her. Luckily most of the shrimp stayed in the bowl. Yet again all I could was laugh!! She is soooooo smart!!

• LOL, silly girl, at least there was still some shrimp left 😃

• What a smart girl! Have YOU learned the lesson here??? We used to have a very good friend who said "First, you have to be smarter than the dog"…I think he was referring to us, and the fact that our basenji was way smarter than we were.

Anne in Tampa

• @MacPack:

What a smart girl! Have YOU learned the lesson here??? We used to have a very good friend who said "First, you have to be smarter than the dog"…I think he was referring to us, and the fact that our basenji was way smarter than we were.

Anne in Tampa

Yes I know, the table cloth is no longer on the table. Everyday that little girl amazes me!!! LOL

• They say that dogs train us almost as much as we train them. Haha. I think Trixie was training you this time!

• @Ninabeana26:

They say that dogs train us almost as much as we train them. Haha. I think Trixie was training you this time!

Either that or she really likes shrimp!! Ha Ha. She has to be the most spoiled dog in the world. Even after that I saw her daddy sneaking her some crab meat!! GRRRRRR! LOL But she has got to be the smartest dog we have ever had the pleasure to live with!! Smart and Devilish what a combo!!

• Too funny - it reminds me of my previous beastie's tricks. I would sit down to lunch when he would distract me by doing something he knew he shouldn't. When I got up to go see - he'd go around to the kitchen the other way (I have two entries into the kitchen) and snatch the sandwich off the table. 😃

Suggested Topics