• After three hours playing at the dog park today, we decided to stop at an "event" at a local park, "Talking Animals". There was music, animal themed songs, and about 20 booths representing everything from different rescue groups to jewelry, a dog sketch artist (wish I had her do one of Topper), agility demos, all sorts of things. Almost everyone had their dog with them and we only saw a couple of snarks. My three were wonderful, sniffing noses and meet-and-greet with many dogs and kids. We were the only basenjis and a few people recognized the breed and they were good ambassadors. We got some food samples, a tennis ball, treat samples, and best if all we got a $10 coupon from our local pet food store, yea!

My three old guys have slept all afternoon after all their excitement at the doggie-fair!

• @MacPack:

After three hours playing at the dog park today, we decided to stop at an "event" at a local park, "Talking Animals". There was music, animal themed songs, and about 20 booths representing everything from different rescue groups to jewelry, a dog sketch artist (wish I had her do one of Topper), agility demos, all sorts of things. Almost everyone had their dog with them and we only saw a couple of snarks. My three were wonderful, sniffing noses and meet-and-greet with many dogs and kids. We were the only basenjis and a few people recognized the breed and they were good ambassadors. We got some food samples, a tennis ball, treat samples, and best if all we got a $10 coupon from our local pet food store, yea!

My three old guys have slept all afternoon after all their excitement at the doggie-fair!

What an awesome sounding day! Sounds like you all had a really great time. Can you scan the sketch? We'd all love to see it.

• What a fun time. Those are great events. We have them here, but the last one was not as organized as yours sounds it was. Still, people put in effort, and the dogs always seem to enjoy the get-together.

• Sorry Dan, I wish I HAD gotten a sketch done, but sadly did not. Only regret of the day! My guys were hot and ready to go home.

Suggested Topics