• Welcome and post a picture of Dingo for us…. unless in an injury, the ears are not floppy on a purebreed at least not that I have ever seen...

• Thats a good question. My boyfriend met a brindle basenji named Oscar at the dog park with floppy ears. He asked the woman and she said he was an african, that he was pure just had floppy ears. From what my boyfriend said he sure looked like a basenji but the ears threw him off.
    There is a picture of him in "wilysmom" member picture section, but its only a head shot. Anyway its nice to meet you and what a lucky pooch to have the family home everyday.

• Thanx for the welcome! I'll have my daughter ,the 11 year old computer/camera whizkid post one soon.

• @vstripe:

Thats a good question. My boyfriend met a brindle basenji named Oscar at the dog park with floppy ears. He asked the woman and she said he was an african, that he was pure just had floppy ears. From what my boyfriend said he sure looked like a basenji but the ears threw him off.
    There is a picture of him in "wilysmom" member picture section, but its only a head shot. Anyway its nice to meet you and what a lucky pooch to have the family home everyday.

I would doubt that was a pure bred either, again I have never seen a purebred Basenjis regardless if from the new Af blood (Avongara) or American breeding that ever had floppy ears…

• @tanza:

I would doubt that was a pure bred either, again I have never seen a purebred Basenjis regardless if from the new Af blood (Avongara) or American breeding that ever had floppy ears…

Ditto, Pat. I was just thinking that I don't know of any Avongaras that both ears didn't come up.

• Welcome to the forum, great intro, I hope to see pics of Dingo soon

• Hopefully this computer won't be as stubborn as the dog is sometimes.Nope,I think I need a lower resolution photo, but I'm working on it!

• @Kirk:

Hopefully this computer won't be as stubborn as the dog is sometimes.Nope,I think I need a lower resolution photo, but I'm working on it!

If you are having problems because of resolution size, you can use a free photo uploading site and then link the photo from there.

I use www.dropshots.com and upload my pics full size to there, then the one that you can insert into the forum is resized to a perfect size

• welcome kirk
    I am in the same boat, the only thing that isn't "basenji" on my chili dog is his ears dont stand, capable but mostly droop. Welcome and enjoy.

• Welcome! This is a fun site, whether he's mixed or not, to learn about the breed and have some fun too. They are unique!

Suggested Topics