• @Tayda_Lenny:

So I've been monitoring Lenny's broken tooth for the last couple weeks and now it looks like his gums are getting red, and the little faint brown dot in the middle of his tooth is now black AND the tooth is cracked again. Its cracked at about a 45 degree angle and i can move the piece with my finger.:(

So I called the vet back and tried to schedule an appointment to have it pulled. When i went the first time, the doc said it would be under $100 to have it pulled (including anesthesia). This time, i called, the doc i talked to on my first visit is not in today, and the vet tech i talked to said it would be more like $250-300 to have it pulled… which includes anesthesia, pre surgery blood work (is this needed if i get his previous blood work sent over from my other vet, done in august?) antibiotics, induction, tooth pull)...

i'm just concerned cause there's a big difference between $100 and $250-300... just want to make sure it's in the ball park of "normal"...

$250 to 300 is in the ball park for California.. and as far as blood work, I will never do surgery without current blood work… You don't even want to know how much it just cost me for Maggii's dental which do to her age and failing kidneys needed a lot more attention during surgery.... Prices vary all over the country...

• Just wanted to give an update: lenny got his tooth pulled yesterday. All went well… i brought him home yesterday and just slept all evening for the most part - cuddling with Tayda. As much as those two like to bicker, I think they really missed each other yesterday. This morning I got out of the shower and Lenny was walking around with his favorite Nylabone chew toy in his mouth. guess he felt better!

thanks to everyone for their encouraging thoughts and words. It was my first time taking either of them in for any work that required anesthesia....

• That's so great! I'm glad he did well. They are resiliant little ones, aren't they? ((Hugs)) to you and Lenny!

• @Tayda_Lenny:

Just wanted to give an update: lenny got his tooth pulled yesterday. All went well… i brought him home yesterday and just slept all evening for the most part - cuddling with Tayda. As much as those two like to bicker, I think they really missed each other yesterday. This morning I got out of the shower and Lenny was walking around with his favorite Nylabone chew toy in his mouth. guess he felt better!

thanks to everyone for their encouraging thoughts and words. It was my first time taking either of them in for any work that required anesthesia....

So glad that Tayda let him take it easy last night. They do feed off of each others feelings. I'm sure they were happy to be together again. How nice Lenny was ready to play this morning. It makes you feel good too, doesn't it. I read your previous post - sounds like you did right for him - getting the tooth removed. 😉

• Topper actually extracted one of those little teeth when it got caught on another dog's collar as they played many years ago, and the vet had to pull one of Ed's front teeth due to an abscess. They have not missed them at all, I never even notice.

Anne in Tampa

• Lots of get well wishes to Lenny. I hope he feels better soon!! 🙂

Suggested Topics