Can't hold it anymore - new fancy crate - will Lenny pee in it too?

• Wow - so I guess it's unusual that Tayda and Lenny don't make a mess with the bowl? It's never spilled or even moved from it's original spot!

• @Tayda_Lenny:

Wow - so I guess it's unusual that Tayda and Lenny don't make a mess with the bowl? It's never spilled or even moved from it's original spot!

I don't know. I don't think mine would spill. I got the hanging kind so there'd be more room on the bottom of the crate for them, not because they were spilling from the regular bowl.

• Ok, well I went to the pet store at lunch and got them a hanging bowl for their crate! You guys convinced me! 🙂

I'm also reverting back to the Wellness Core - it is the only food that Tayda would ever eat willingly. I think she's been revolting against me because Lenny gets to still eat it and she doesn't. Gotta keep those BUN/CREATININE numbers down but I figure I'll give her the Wellness core and cut it with other veggies and non-protein things so that overall her meal is still "lower" protein.

She wins - again. :rolleyes:

• Bless your heart, don't worry about sounding bad for being frustrated… I know you love Tayda, it's just difficult when dealing with an illness.

The crate idea is a good one.:D I wish Bella would learn not to wet her crate... sometimes she will even do it the minute I turn my back after putting her in there!:mad: I don't know what she would do if I put her bed in there and set up an arrangement like yours. I wonder if she would even pee on the bed???😕

Right now I am putting the fleece blankets in there and washing them all the time... Does that grate remove easily so I could fold up the crate when we travel? How much does it cost and where do you get them?

• @bellabasenji:

Does that grate remove easily so I could fold up the crate when we travel? How much does it cost and where do you get them?

I got the one I have off of Amazon.com. It's for a crate that is 36" long by 24" wide:

http://www.amazon.com/MidWest-Floor-Carry-Homes-Crates-FG36A/dp/B001JI4UYE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1244230911&sr=8-1

It was around $40 after you added in shipping. It does remove easily - you just fold out one of the end panels and it comes right out.

• Thanks, I bookmarked the page… How's it working for ya?!?!?

• Well it's been a few months now that we've been using the new system w/ the floor grate and it works great! I got waterproof covers for the pillows so if she pees in the crate it spills through the grates and they don't have to sit in it! I replaced the towels in the bottom part with newspapers and it takes 20 seconds to slide the tray out, fold up the wet paper, throw it away and re-line the tray with more newspaper.

It's great. yay

• @Tayda_Lenny:

Well it's been a few months now that we've been using the new system w/ the floor grate and it works great! I got waterproof covers for the pillows so if she pees in the crate it spills through the grates and they don't have to sit in it! I replaced the towels in the bottom part with newspapers and it takes 20 seconds to slide the tray out, fold up the wet paper, throw it away and re-line the tray with more newspaper.

It's great. yay

I'm glad it's working out for you.

• Michelle, that is fantastic. I'm happy that it is a little easier on you…Tayda is lucky to have such a great owner!

• Your a super B mom happy life is easier.

Rita Jean

Suggested Topics