Skip to content

Willy's test results

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • Pip's fanconi test.

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    16
    0 Votes
    16 Posts
    9k Views
    tanzaT
    @moetmum: I understood that one of the main reasons dogs come back IND is because there isn't enough DNA to test. I don't think that is correct? This is from the FAQ's at www.basenjihealth.org on Fanconi Testing. I still think you should contact Jon Curby, if you have not already My dog came back indeterminate, what does that mean? Should I re-test? Answer: Our linkage test uses 3 markers (for a total of 6 alleles) to predict Fanconi status and requires that all 3 be in agreement. An indeterminate result means the 3 markers are not in agreement (view sample results) and therefore cannot predict Fanconi status.
  • Saba's Results…

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    1k Views
    No one has replied
  • Shaye's Results

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    MacPackM
    Wonderful news!!!! Glad you had the DNA test done, we haven't gotten around to it yet.
  • Booger's Results

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    7k Views
    SharlaS
    Soo sad for the pups and their new families. But what wonderful news for you. :)
  • Lola's Results

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    AndrewA
    We checked the OFA site, and spoke with Liz who forwarded us to John Kirby. The test may have failed & they might be re-running it. John said he would call us if we needed to retest, so hurry up & wait some more!
  • Tayda's test strip

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    82
    0 Votes
    82 Posts
    51k Views
    RivermoonR
    I'm sorry to hear Tayda has fanconi..but glad you caught it early and she's taking her pills like a good girl.