Skip to content

First Bath and First Rain Walk

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • My first girl…

    Basenji Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    8k Views
    K
    What a beautiful girl! Enjoy!
  • Shaking after rain….

    Basenji Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    bewlerB
    I would love a video - I have no idea what a hippo looks like going to the loo! LOL!
  • First snow and other firsts

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    L
    There's something invigorating about cold snow on little basenji toesies! My Abbey loved all the snow we had last winter (unusual for us) but she was terrified of the neighbors' snow man!!
  • Peeing in the Rain

    Basenji Talk
    20
    0 Votes
    20 Posts
    11k Views
    B
    Wow! I feel so lucky. My basenji has been raised with a lab, and she rarely acts like water is going to kill her. She is sometimes hesitant to go into the wet grass or rainy yard, but I always take her on a leash, so we just keep walking until she pees. In the winter, I clip her to a tie-out rope (supervised), she RUNS into the yard (wearing a sweater, of course), does her business, and RUNS back to the door and gives the fastest sit ever (because she MUST sit before going in or out) - before being let back in. It is quite comical, like an old silent movie running too fast. Mine also prefers to poop in the farthest reaches of the property, which is nice since we don't have to walk in anything near the house.
  • Bathing…

    Basenji Talk
    22
    0 Votes
    22 Posts
    17k Views
    nomrbddgsN
    I also find Shadow Hummph's when he is picked up-but he does want to be picked up and cuddled. I'll say uppies(yeah, I know) and if he wants up he'll walk right into my arms but still Hummph. The girls don't make a sound at all.
  • My First Scare

    Basenji Talk
    22
    0 Votes
    22 Posts
    16k Views
    red and white fureverR
    ROFL ROFL LOL LOL LOL LOL…this is the FUNNIEST story I've ever heard in my life!!! LOL LOL :) Hahaha! I must say that Storm was quite disappointed to see that my "treasure" was a twig - I think he was hoping for a squirrel or a bunny or something a little more animated! ;) :) :D And my neighbors are NOT dog people, sooooo you know darn well they think I ought to be in a straight jacket! :)