• My B seems to be very bothered by his front paw. He tends to gnaw on it every now and then (the same one all the time), and it does seem more irritated after walks… It doesn't look any different that the rest of his paws, so I'm having a hard time telling if it's bothered by something. Tonight he chewed his nail so low on that paw it bled a little. Does anyone else have a B with this problem, or do you know the cause?? Maybe he has a sensitive paw, and there's something I can do to help the problem..?

• Anytime I've had something like this it has been allergies. I would have the vet check it. Usually benedryl or a spray from the vet will help if it's allergies. If he's chewing his nail so low it's bleeding–I would have the vet check it out.

• it could be an allergy to something he is coming into contact with while walking. considering that it is only on one paw, there could be something embeded in there. It might be a good idea to have a vet look at it closely. Hope it get's better soon. 🙂

• Yup it's usually allergy to something either outdoors, dust, or in his food. You can give them benadryl for it but it's best to go to the vet to determine what he's allergic to. Hope he get's better!

• @lwicks:

My B seems to be very bothered by his front paw. He tends to gnaw on it every now and then (the same one all the time), and it does seem more irritated after walks… It doesn't look any different that the rest of his paws, so I'm having a hard time telling if it's bothered by something. Tonight he chewed his nail so low on that paw it bled a little. Does anyone else have a B with this problem, or do you know the cause?? Maybe he has a sensitive paw, and there's something I can do to help the problem..?

I would agree it's allergys except it is only one foot. This may sound weird but maybe something else is wrong. When I run my toes on my left foot fall asleep and I get the tingling sensation when I am done. I have no clue how they can check for nerve issues but maybe….

• Thanks for all the help :o) I did notice that my B was even more itchy than usual the day his paw seemed to bother him more than normal, so maybe it is allergies. I gave him a benadryl, which seemed to help. Next time I take him in for a check up, I'll have to check with the vet…

Suggested Topics