• I used the term preferred because our standard does not have any disqualifying faults so colors other than the ones described in the standard are faulted but the do exist. Saying there are only 4 colors of basenjis is false even if the standard only describes 4 colors. The other colors can be registered, shown, and bred. Since they are considered faults one could say they are Not Preferred. Just as a dog with a straight front is not preferred but are still shown and still win.

• what is this considered?? im not considering buying him, i just saw the pic and was wondering..
    attachment_p_22062_0_basenjipic.jpg

• Trindle or Brindle Pointed Tri

• @phoenix3:

I was just wondering what color is the rarest in the Basenji's ?

Of the four colors in the AKC breed standard, black/white is most definately the least common color.

@lvoss:

Ghani is a sable or what they call Sesame in Shiba Inus

I agree. Ghani is a sable, not a mahogany tri.

• @Capt_Jack_our_Basenji:

found a picture of a "capped tri" http://www.basenji.org/african/Nabodio.htm#top

AHH the capped tri,
    What a WONDERFUL color, probably the best out there;)

But then again, I might be biased:p
    attachment_p_22354_0_061407-008.jpg

• @ChristyRutherford:

AHH the capped tri,
    What a WONDERFUL color, probably the best out there;)

But then again, I might be biased:p

haha…Nice pic,what is the grey thing in the back tho, is that a hairless dog??

• @Capt_Jack_our_Basenji:

haha…Nice pic,what is the grey thing in the back tho, is that a hairless dog??

I think it's a hairless cat/kitten

• I wondered the same thing too but didn't want to ask!!

• lol…i dont mean anything by it, just wondering!! hehe

• Yeah, it is a hairless kitten (not very cute in the pic though) He liked to unroll Squiggys tail and watch it roll up again.
    I will try and take some better pictures this weekend.

Suggested Topics