Skip to content

Basenji's Galore

Show Off Your Dog

Suggested Topics

  • Basenji's are lake dogs? Who knew!

    Show Off Your Dog
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    9k Views
    O
    Becca and Tucker are certainly more adventurous than Spencer. He wants no part of water– coming from the sky or puddled on the ground. When we're walking, he will screech to a halt in front of a puddle, like he's waiting for it to move. Becca and Tucker sound like fun dogs to have around. I saw their pix in another thread, and they are so cute-- bet there's never a dull moment at your house!
  • Introducing 'ono' the basenji!

    Show Off Your Dog
    18
    0 Votes
    18 Posts
    8k Views
    pacificNWbasenjiP
    Ono is a Hawaiian word, used to describe something that is 'the best' AND happens to be very basenji appropriate :) We hesitated naming her something that so strongly resembled 'no' but we don't use 'no' very much in our training, we say 'hey' to get their attention and then give them another cue to follow when we are redirecting their behaviour. The pups love the huge costco bed, and I love the great cedar smell :)
  • She's Home!!

    Show Off Your Dog
    23
    0 Votes
    23 Posts
    11k Views
    MayaM
    Thanks all! She was perfect again last night. I put her to bed at half 10 and she slept through til half 7 this morning (i had a lazy one this morning lol), not a sound from her!! She had her first vaccination last night, the vets and nurses LOVED her!!
  • Happy Holiday's from Basenji Park.

    Show Off Your Dog
    31
    0 Votes
    31 Posts
    15k Views
    jys1011J
    Looks like Bpapa got a great present from Santa :D :D :D I love those pics!! WOW…I've gotta get me one of those cameras :D
  • It's the TWINS…

    Show Off Your Dog
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    nala121498N
    I had never her of "Best Brace" before. That is really interesting! They seem like the perfect pair! They are beautiful and quite the matched set. Thanks for sharing.
  • He's more punk than me

    Show Off Your Dog
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    7k Views
    AmberedA
    we have obedience class tonight….you think people would be intimidated if her wears it?