Skip to content

Smiling basenji'!

Show Off Your Dog

Suggested Topics

  • Mrs. Walters 'helping out' in the garden

    Show Off Your Dog
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    B
    You're right! She's totally the supervisor! Now if I could only get her to weed....
  • Please tell me I'm not a "Crazy Basenji Lady"!

    Show Off Your Dog
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    8k Views
    2baroos2
    Speaking as a crazy Basenji Lady with a Big Bones boy-cause he is Swedish and it gets cold there ! You are perfectly normal Darling!
  • Basenji's are lake dogs? Who knew!

    Show Off Your Dog
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    9k Views
    O
    Becca and Tucker are certainly more adventurous than Spencer. He wants no part of water– coming from the sky or puddled on the ground. When we're walking, he will screech to a halt in front of a puddle, like he's waiting for it to move. Becca and Tucker sound like fun dogs to have around. I saw their pix in another thread, and they are so cute-- bet there's never a dull moment at your house!
  • Who Says Basenji's Don't Like to Play Fetch?

    Show Off Your Dog
    16
    0 Votes
    16 Posts
    12k Views
    P
    Yes, Bungwa will toss any of his toys into the air and catch them but definitely will not catch anything I throw. He has no competition because the others just look and say 'Boooring'!!! Interesting about your best hunters being fetchers, Quercus. I wonder if there's a reason in it or whether it's a coincidence!?
  • Introducing 'ono' the basenji!

    Show Off Your Dog
    18
    0 Votes
    18 Posts
    8k Views
    pacificNWbasenjiP
    Ono is a Hawaiian word, used to describe something that is 'the best' AND happens to be very basenji appropriate :) We hesitated naming her something that so strongly resembled 'no' but we don't use 'no' very much in our training, we say 'hey' to get their attention and then give them another cue to follow when we are redirecting their behaviour. The pups love the huge costco bed, and I love the great cedar smell :)
  • A special 'dog forrest'

    Show Off Your Dog
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    5k Views
    wizardW
    Looks like fun. The dog park near me isn't nearly as nice. :(