Skip to content

Documented top speed

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    4 Posts
    170 Views
    N
    No sore spots whatsoever - though his stomach is almost permanently "taut" or flexed, unless he's had his anti-inflammatory meds. He eats well and can go to the bathroom well, but as days pass his hind legs are getting worse and worse (to the extent I'm sure he'll just end up permanently lame if I don't anything more). I am praying/hoping/wishing that laser therapy can provide some assistance, as his one session of a few weeks back resulted in him being almost "back to normal" for about 4-5 days! If I can get another miracle result, I think I will look into multiple treatments until he seems better. This is such a stressful time, but I'm grateful for your condolences/suggestions - everything helps - thank you so much!
  • Hair loss

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    28k Views
    No one has replied
  • 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    26k Views
    N
    @Saving Thanks so much for the information! I am researching further and continuing with her rehab exercises as best I can. Glad you recovered from your spinal injuries.
  • Crystals in urine (cystine)

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    13k Views
    senjisillyS
    Sorry to be so late on commenting here. There are several Facebook groups you may want to join. 2 are Basenji specific. Bladder Stones Basenji - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1505737939475808/ Canine Cystinuria - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1264949876904169/ The third group is secret and you need to be Facebook friends with a member in order to join. Contact me if you are interested in joining - Basenji Cystine Bladder Stone Awareness.
  • Harness Bold Spot

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    12k Views
    V
    thank you everyone! The collar is ordered :-)
  • Eos not at her top form! (UPDATE)

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    5k Views
    tanzaT
    Yes, there is a Basenji person in France and she does get Soloxine.. but not sure from where.