Skip to content

Top 7 worse dog food brands

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • Food Allergies Out of the Blue?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    7k Views
    D
    It might be a combination of food and seasonal allergies. The food/biscuits might be a slight problem but then added to the seasonal allergies, the allergies become major. Arnie has allergies and he rarely gets treats because of this and his kibble dog food is his treat. Does your dog also have a rash on his stomach area or the inner part of his rear legs? Arnie usually starts off with this and then if he is biting his feet I know the allergies are bad. He has not had this for a few years though! I would clean the area and this would help tremendously. Allergies are difficult to diagnose. The allergy season here in OH has been extended because of the crazy weather. If you have leaves on the ground that are/were wet, there could be mold, fungi, etc. on them and your dog is getting it on his paws. Jennifer
  • 0 Votes
    64 Posts
    49k Views
    Chealsie508C
    I'm really not sure why you care so much as to remind me where my breeder lives or who she is ( as both of us clearly know) . It's a rather insulting innuendo. As mentioned on the forum previously I experienced the hard way about not vaccinating more than one shot… Id rather a breeder teach me not to repeat Mistakes and tell me how to move forward ( which Pat did) Rather then hearing "ive killed my dog" and be chastised, which was what I wa first met with when trying to get guidance! And believe I mentioned in this thread I don't have intentions of giving more than one. As for why I prefer to ask Pat questions ( which really isn't your business) I don't have a great breeder relationship with Oakleys breeder, while I love her dogs...her an I don't get along personality wise. Hope thats enough of a satisfying answer for your obvious itch to know, of which I assume my breeders already told you!
  • How dogs drink

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    5k Views
    bewlerB
    Also - does anyone else's Basenji drink in threes? When Cody drinks he goes "lap, lap, lap, pause, Lap, lap, lap". For some reason this just cracks me up. Maybe because he's so consistent. Or maybe I need to get our more! LOL!
  • Dogs & warts

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    6k Views
    BARTB
    Yes, it was. Being on the bottom of the foot, it was quite annoying, I guess. He still licks the spot occassionally but I suspect that may be 'cause its still a somewhat fresh wound more than anything else. Amazing that such a small thing could affect his behavior the way it seems to have. I just wish I could have seen something sooner. It was obviously bothering him for quite a while b4 there were any visual (to me) signs. Gosh, makes me want one of those dog tranlsater collars from the movie "UP"…..'sqirrell' :)
  • Food for the finicky

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    No one has replied
  • Bumpy dogs?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    S
    Thanks everyone! Now I'm wracking my brain trying to remember where exactly her vaccines were. She got two in one day, and I preoccupied with holding her and giving her cookies! I keep rubbing it, and if anything, it seems a bit smaller, but I will absolutely let everyone know what happens next. Cheers