Help. . .Information needed on excessive peeing of a 4 month old female Basenji

• Great news… glad that she is doing better....

And I will only say this.... while you might think that the breeder too good care.. the problem is that I am pretty certain that there was no health testing done on the Mom and Dad of that litter ever... since we have genetic concerns in our breed it is very important that breeders test and keep records of the dogs... and I wonder, is she AKC registered?

• It is great that Kali is improving.

As for puppymills and BYBs, not all of them have deplorable conditions but what BYBs and puppymill do all have in common is: little or no health testing of the dogs being bred, no responsibility for the puppies after they are sold, and little or no support for the buyer. They more breeds and puppies a person has they less individual attention they can give to puppies during critical development stages. This will directly effect the owners of these puppies since they will not have developed the same coping skills that well socialized puppies do.

• How is Kali doing?….

• Thank you for all your concern in regards to Kali.

I will tell you that she is doing absolutely fine. I believe that most of it was the teething thing. We ran the course of antibiotics and since then Kali seems well. I can't speak to the genetic testing of the animals but I do know that Kali was one of the first litter to her mother and she is the only survivor. I do know that there was a real attachment to this puppy since the mother had no real interest and they wanted her to survive. I will say that I have tried to contact the breeder on more then one occasion and have had no reply so I am not sure what to think.

• @Kalahari:

Thank you for all your concern in regards to Kali.

I will tell you that she is doing absolutely fine. I believe that most of it was the teething thing. We ran the course of antibiotics and since then Kali seems well. I can't speak to the genetic testing of the animals but I do know that Kali was one of the first litter to her mother and she is the only survivor. I do know that there was a real attachment to this puppy since the mother had no real interest and they wanted her to survive. I will say that I have tried to contact the breeder on more then one occasion and have had no reply so I am not sure what to think.

That is great to hear…. does she still drink excessively?.... sorry however that you can't contact the breeder.... but she is lucky to have you!

• She still seeks out water but not to the degree that she was. As the accidents wane, I have been trying to leave the water out a bit more, but like one of the other members said about their husband, mine also is sick of cleaning up the pee so I have to find a happy medium between the two. All in all I think we are doing fine, and once again thanks for all of your concern. I will be sure to connect with the Basenji Forums again if there are any other questions.

Suggested Topics