Skip to content

Raw Food

Basenji Feeding
  • It might be a good idea to rethink feeding raw. CDC study

    " Our data suggest that raw dog food could be a sentinel of emerging antimicrobial resistance traits because this type of food may accumulate raw ingredients of different origins, namely from animals associated with intensive farming, adding a new concern to the global health burden of antimicrobial resistance."

    There are other articles on the subject. One example .

  • Thanks for posting.

Suggested Topics

  • Suddenly not eating raw food.

    Basenji Feeding
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    13k Views
    ZandeZ
    @mika said in Suddenly not eating raw food.: I wonder how stubborn are other basenji Just about 99.99% of them
  • 0 Votes
    11 Posts
    13k Views
    Buddys PalB
    wow, read all through that facebook link you gave, so scary! thanks for the flag to be watched, definitely!
  • Raw Food Diet??!?!

    Basenji Feeding
    26
    0 Votes
    26 Posts
    34k Views
    Buddys PalB
    Ok, just had to add some more. Had a friend over yesterday (our first thanksgiving turkey, then Thursday again!) and she saw Hershey 12.8 years old and she mentioned how alert he was. Coat and eyes were clear and shiney! I was really excited to hear this as I read this about others' dogs in different forums etc. So, anyone thinking about it, it is not a fad…..it works and they all love it!
  • Dry food and real food!

    Basenji Feeding
    16
    0 Votes
    16 Posts
    9k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Fran, what does BAB after your name stand for?
  • Baby Food?

    Basenji Feeding
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    S
    I give it to dogs who don't eat…or to hide pills in. But not as a regular thing.
  • What Food And How Much??

    Basenji Feeding
    22
    0 Votes
    22 Posts
    15k Views
    MacPackM
    Topper,12; Nicky 10, ; and Eddie 8 all eat a combination of 3/4 EVO by Innova, and 1/4 regular adult Innova. We free feed, dry kibble is down all the time, but I think I put about 3 cups out a day, some days they eat it all but some days I don't add kibble at all. Mine do get a bit of whatever we have for dinner, mostly veges, they love all veges as long as they are cooked, especially broccoli and sweet potatoes. IT acts as an appetizer, as soon as they finish their plates they run to the kibble bowls to finsih their dinner. We used cheaper grocery store foods for many years but I felt my dogs deseerved a better quality food so tried several premium brands and settled on Innova. Then when they came out with EVO, I slowly added that but when I went 100% EVO, their poops were a bit loose, so we re-added the regular Innova and it seems to suit them perfectly. Eddie's coat was very coarse when we rescued him, he is soft and silky now. Even though it costs about twice as much as the cheaper stuff, I know they are getting good nutrition and their coats glow and their teeth are clean, so it is worth every cent to me. We are what we eat, and if we eat 'animal by products' (hooves, bones, feathers and even sawdust in some) sprayed with flavors and dyed with food colorings, we may be saving money now, but inviting health probelms in the future. Just MHO, but strangers compliment my dogs on their gloss and vigor! Anne in Tampa, off the soapbox