Skip to content

Looking for a Reputable breeder in Europe

Breeder Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Basenji breeders in AZ

    Moved Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    10k Views
    S
    I think that a basenji puppy and a two-year-old is a recipe for disaster for many reasons. Both require and crave lots of attention, neither one can be reasoned with, both will want to play with the same toy, both can be stubborn, and the list goes. It is far too much to expect a two-year-old to understand how to get along with any puppy, especially a basenji puppy. If your heart is set on a basenji puppy, then I think you should wait until your child is at least five or six years old.Children that age understand what you are saying about the puppy and you can explain to them why you are saying it. I agree with the person who suggested getting an older basenji or how about a puppy of another breed? t one time in my life I had a basenji and a mixed breed, and they got along beautifully. You may love all the traits of this breed but I was suggest that you talk to owners and their experiences with the basenjis and young children. One cannot count on even the best breeders to give you the full story. Please don't get me wrong. I've had three basenjis and adored them all. I got the first one when my youngest daughter was seven. You don't have to wait that long but two years old is too young, imho. Good luck.
  • My pup

    Basenji Talk
    9
    7 Votes
    9 Posts
    10k Views
    A
    Super cute! No dimes at my house.......
  • Looking for basenji breeder Scotland/UK

    Breeder Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    11k Views
    ZandeZ
    Best you can hope for now is to get onto a list for this winter but all the breeders have had full lists now for some time. You may find you have to wait for next winter. Demand this year is through the roof - we are weeding things out as much as possible. Email me privately - addresses are on the websites listed in my signature block.
  • New basenji owner!!

    Member Introductions
    13
    4 Votes
    13 Posts
    16k Views
    S
    @mvdperez Thank you! She truly has been such a great addition to our family :)
  • Trying our patience..

    Behavioral Issues
    18
    0 Votes
    18 Posts
    18k Views
    ZandeZ
    Take him out last thing at night so he can make himself comfy ? I have to take mine out - wimps - they won't go if I don't accompany them. Yes, its freezing and yes its dark. But Keeper's close-up vision is going going gone and he hates excursions into the night without Mom and although I'd much rather stay indoors, if I want to avoid being awoken, middle of the night there is no option. Frankly its a small price to pay for the comfort of two old Basenjis.
  • Looking for a breeder

    Breeder Talk
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    8k Views
    N
    I'm sorry for your loss. I did not mean to seem overly harsh, but I am glad you found the article eye-opening. I am very sad that you lost your boy so young. Please consider giving a homeless dog a second chance, or buy only from responsible breeders for a pup. it really is worth it. -Nicole