Skip to content

Pink skin

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • Small bumps appears on skin

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    9k Views
    Chealsie508C
    She looks bigger than the weight you described- Id have her weighed again to make sure it wasn't a scale error. I randomly bring oakley in to the vet and they let me put him on the scale then leave. As far as the bumps- they looked like flea bites to me…..it's always wise to bathe the pup before using topicals (especially at such a young age). Since you've alteady applied a topical, next step would be to wash and vacuum the whole house....I use a human live comb to comb through Oakleys fur since it's black, places like the tail and base of tail, underarms and head are hotspots to find them- if you still don't aee relief then I would go back to the bets because of it's something environmental then you need to adjust
  • Skin irritation

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    O
    Spencer gets that on his thighs sometimes in the summer. I thought it was a heat rash, but maybe he's been around prickly stuff in the yard. I rub a little lotion on it, and he seems to think that's the equivalent of a doggy massage. I watch him to make sure he doesn't lick it off, and the red is usually gone in a day.
  • Pink Belly

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    18
    0 Votes
    18 Posts
    13k Views
    Buddys PalB
    my tri boy has a black spot right where I assumed the umbilicus attachment was at birth. my guess would be a leftover mark as it healed the pigment was just darker….like a scar???
  • Flaky skin???

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    5k Views
    sabaS
    Mmmmm think I might have spoken too soon, Java was having cuddles with me yesterday evening, and the horrible dandruff is back, BUT, only on him ??? I had reduced all the dogs fish oil capsules, from daily, to 2-3/week, so Im wondering if thats why ??? Will start him up on daily and see if that makes a difference… I hate dandruff :(...
  • Pink eye

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    S
    Yes, get to a vet asap..eye things are not something to let go. IMO
  • Scratching and Bare Skin

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    MaxBooBooBearM
    A visit to the vet will be worthwhile. Skin problems can be difficult to resolve. My two actually have a dermatologist now that my vet referred me to to try to figure out why their skin isn't clearing up after two months of treatment. My regular vet did skin scrapings to check for things like mites (which they don't have). Mine are getting more skin scrapings next week to be cultured to see what exact bacteria is there and check for something like ringworm.