My Bella girl got attacked by another dog!!!

• that their dog (Tyson, nice name, huh?)

Actually, that's the name of one of my niece's pits. The biggest marshmallow of a personality you'll ever encounter.

• @Tayda_Lenny:

Ugh…. but my #1 priority is to make sure tayda and lenny are safe.

I do not know how friendly your neighbors are, but you might suggest to them that now is the time for them to get training for their very young pit. It will help them to bond better and encourage a lifelong relationship. It so saddens me that people get an animal with no intention to make a great life together. PetSmart training is wonderful - not too expensive and puppy training is available until they are 6 mos old and is good for socialization. I know your issue is for the safety of Tayda and Lenny, so if you could converse about this - it would be beneficial to you all.

• It breaks my heart when people get dogs to be fixtures in their house…I just can't stand it :mad: :mad: :mad:

• I know, to me Bella is more than "just a dog"… she is a MEMBER of the family!!! Some people will get a dog while it is a cute and cuddly puppy and keep it in the house. Then as soon as it gets out of the puppy stage, the tie it up in the backyard for the rest of it's life.:mad: Such a sad, miserable way to live it's life… 😞 I guess if I was a dog, I'd choose to be the "fixture in the house" over life on a chain in a muddy backyard... no matter what the weather.
    Dogs are so much happier being a part of the family where there is structure and they know thier boundaries. They deserve our love and attention, but need to know they can't get away with everything they want to. I guess when you think about it, they are much like children... just furrier! LOL

• Oh, and by the way… I greatly appreciate all the responses to my thread. You have all helped me out so much. Bella is my first dog and I am learning so many new things… I value the Forum for all the advice!!!:D

• They continued to tell me that thier Pit is not aggressive and if she meets another dog off-leash,

Yeah I heard that before. A guy in Chicago had a PitBull named Angle named for her nice temperment. Never hurt anyone. Well the guy also owned reptiles and was showing them to their daughters friend. Well the friend freaks out, start screaming and Angle went wild severly mauling the little girl. The owner tried to get the dog off and the dog went after him. The police came and shot angel.

Any dog can and will attack. i know a sweet beagle that attacked a little girl as well. The problem is a Pit bull can kill, bred to hang on, that you just can't erase if they go into the red zone.

I have a friend that had a huge Rottweiler that he kept on a leash. The next door neihbor let their little yappy dog out free, it goes after the Rottweiler. The Rot would not let go of the little dog. the little dog got away but my friend put the Rotweiler down. He said if it would not release the dog on command he could no longer trust the dog, what if it were a kid?

If the Pit bull gets loose again I would call the police. Pit bulls are weapons that can go off at anytime. I dont trust any dog, not even my own.

• hi sorry for the situation!!, but the pit bull was trying to be aggressive !!. and if not , they tent to be very alpha towards other dogs. the owner needs to get help with there pit because it's going to go into aggressive mode and really hurt another animal!. get apple spray and keep it with you!. it might help but once in that mode with a pit bull it's hard to get them out of that mode too!. if you have this happen again try to grab the pitt BY THE SIDE OF THE MOUTH !!. THIS DOES TEND TO HELP THEM LET GO.

Suggested Topics