• I have a small dog about 19-20 pounds she’s red and white she has features of a Basenji she’s about 6-8 months. I’m not completely sure because I got her For free from a sketchy person. She was really sick and skinny with flees as well as ear mites and no shots. She has similar markings and body weight, and she doesn’t bark she makes noises and sometimes sounds like she’s trying to howl. She usually holds one foot up and is observant and very shy to new people. The only thing I’m unsure about is her tail, it isn’t as tightly curled as a Basenji’s tail normally is, it just barely touches her back. I would love feedback from people with basenjis. Thank you
    0_1582502479327_IMG_4907.JPG
    0_1582502670562_IMG_4914.JPG 0_1582502729426_IMG_4915.JPG

• This is a crash course in images. I'll check back in a couple hours to see if you had any problems. (gotta run an errand)

• Cute! Looks like your pup could be a Basenji mix. How long have you had her? (p.s. I'm glad the image instructions made sense!)

• About 4 months now and thanks

• @nalathepup
    Appears to possibly be a basenji mix - she is very cute! 🐾🐕❤

• I would say she has a lot of basenji in her. Very pretty.

• Her tail is what it is, I have had one that was similar. She looks a mix, but really good. I hope you have got on top of the parasites, and guard against Heartworm - which can kill a dog. It is not a regular worm preventative, but a special Heartworm preventative. It takes a while to kick in, the preventative, that is, so start early and keep it going once a month. She will exert her personality as she grows with you.

• Almost certainly Basenji in there - but whatever there is too, doesn't matter. She deserves to be loved for what she is, a cute little girl. Well done for taking her on and getting rid of the parasites and other scourges. May you have many years of fun together !

• Banned

@nalathepup said in Rescue pup. Basenji?:

I have a small dog about 19-20 pounds she’s red and white she has features of a Basenji she’s about 6-8 months. I’m not completely sure because I got her For free from a sketchy person. She was really sick and skinny with flees as well as ear mites and no shots. She has similar markings and body weight, and she doesn’t bark she makes noises and sometimes sounds like she’s trying to howl. She usually holds one foot up and is observant and very shy to new people. The only thing I’m unsure about is her tail, it isn’t as tightly curled as a Basenji’s tail normally is, it just barely touches her back. I would love feedback from people with basenjis. Thank you

I see it really beautiful although from what you comment it can be seen that they did not treat it very well. I hope you give him all the love he deserves 🙂

• Cute pup. She has all the markings of a basenji. Sometimes a little mix of another breed in her is good. It will help with not having the genetic problems basenjis have.

Suggested Topics