Skip to content

I Just saw Basenji.co.uk is available for $100- thought someone here from uk might be interested

Moved Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Basenji Sitter Available :)

    Basenji Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    6k Views
    Anubis's MommyA
    That works! Feel free to send them my number. She'd be very well cared for here :-)
  • Saw a basenji mix today…

    Basenji Talk
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    No one has replied
  • Broomfield, CO Basenji Sitter Needed

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    4k Views
    bcraigB
    I doubt it would work but we are about 4 hours away in Snowmass and would consider it if there is any way you could make the trip here. We are from Michigan and are planning a trip to Detroit in October and are working on figuring out a dog sitter for that trip. We have a one-year female. It would be great to trade-out but I think are we are probably too far away from each other.
  • We just might get a 2nd B

    Basenji Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    4k Views
    nala121498N
    How exciting! Another caught the fever!! Keep us posted, of course!
  • I saw a Basenji again!

    Basenji Talk
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    6k Views
    T
    This is all too funny!:) When we got Metinga (our 1st B) 5yrs ago, we used to get stopped quite a lot with ppl asking "what kind of dog is she, she's very pretty". One day I had a man at the dog park ask me "is she a Dingo", I said no close relative though. Now a days I have found more ppl recognize the breed here in Calgary. They still ask but more now say "what beautiful Basenjis". As far as other Bs go, I have met a few more ppl w/Bs here in Calgary. Helix and Metinga had there first try at lure coursing a month ago. We met a lady that had 2 female Bs and they live 5min away from us,….who'd a thought!:eek: Apparently there are others that attend practice but were not out that day. One Sunday I went to our annual Dog Jog for the Humane Society and this couple came running up to me and said "we saw your 2 Bs and just had to come meet you!" They have a 3yr old, red/white male (who is a lot smaller than Helix). There has actually been quite a few Bs that we have seen and met out at the dog park we go to. One couple we met bought a 4mth old, red/white female from Petland Pet Store. I was both surprised and horrified all at the same time. They told me a local breeder was selling them to Petland!:mad: Another couple that we see out there has a little black/white female about 6-7mths old. A few years back before we got Helix, we met a lady out there that had an older female, red/white. Her B- Rosie, has since died. Had also seen a big male brindle, but have never seen him since. All in all though, the number of Bs in Calgary is still quite low- about 6-12 or so. Rhonda- Helix and Metang's mom:)
  • Interesting fact i found out about my basenji

    Basenji Talk
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    10k Views
    tashaT
    Corky's sometimes uncurls when he's sleeping and sometimes when he is comfortable. I can always tell if he's really OK with someone. If his tail is uncurled, they're OK by Corky!