• Shuddering at the top pic…..looks like a very, very wrong basenji 😉

Actually there are lines of Rat Terriers (particularly Decker Rat Terriers) that have Basenji in their make up. So specifically, I would imagine that tri colored one is a Decker.

• @Quercus:

Shuddering at the top pic…..looks like a very, very wrong basenji 😉

Actually there are lines of Rat Terriers (particularly Decker Rat Terriers) that have Basenji in their make up. So specifically, I would imagine that tri colored one is a Decker.

Ohhhh, how funny-exactly what I thought!

• striking resemeblence…I'll admit but tail & the faces are dead give aways..NOT basenji lol 😃

• FINALLY!!!! I took Kona to the dog park tonight and he met his first basenji!!!! They played awesome together and Taz's owner was very nice also!!!

This is a picture of a lot of what went on….along with A LOT of running 😃

p.s. Kona is doing the dominance showing haha

attachment_p_14004_0_kona-park-058small.jpg

• We've met two at the dog park. Neither stayed very long due to not getting along well with others.
    My favorite quote was from a little girl, maybe 7 years old, who asked "can I walk your horse - dog? I meant dog." I told her I thought she was a horse-dog too.

• How cute. The other day a lady told me that my two looked like deers.

• I love watching Jazzy and Keoki when they run through my garden – which they are NOT supposed to do, but hey! the fence is down -- they leap over the chives and look JUST like deer jumping. Keoki is not as graceful yet, but he's getting there.

• Every dog in my neighborhood is a pitbull. everyone always thinks minpin, or GSD (he has the coloring like a german shepard). i got him at North Shore in LI. they thought he was a shep/chow mix.

• I got my Lillie from North Shore Animal League also. When did you get Goober? I got Lillie on Jan. 22, 2007. She is my second dog from North Shore. The first one I adopted in Jan. 1994 was a puppy (lab/border collie mix). Lucy passed away in Oct. 2005. She was the sweetest dog.

Jodie:)

• I'm sorry to hear about Lucy. I had to bury my english shepard Missy around the same time. We got Goober on April 25, 2007

Suggested Topics