Skip to content

A question

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Collar questions

    Basenji Talk
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    8k Views
    MacPackM
    Mine are naked in the house, but they are older and not inclined to leave, even if a gate is left open. We wear Nick Russell Safety-choke, similar in theory to martingale in that it snugs up when the dog pulls. We walk in harnesses, it is safer for their old necks and spines.
  • ***Collar Question!***

    Basenji Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    BasenjimammaB
    Otis doesn't wear his at home either only if on a lead..safety is key.
  • Question

    Basenji Talk
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    5k Views
    G
    No I haven't and I need to… I have taken some great ones of her lounging in the sunshine. She loves taking in those rays....
  • Dumb question…

    Basenji Talk
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    8k Views
    J
    I was surprised by how thick the whiskers were! She was finally a bit sleepy and left the scissors (I tried a small nail scissors this time) so I got the annoying one trimmed, but I was surprised at how the scissors barely got through it! Oh well, its dumb but at least now there isn't this annoying long hair hanging way down off her chin :)
  • Question about basenji

    Basenji Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    BDawgB
    Mine usually tuck their noses behind their legs when they are curled up… much like my avatar. :)
  • Socializing Question

    Basenji Talk
    18
    0 Votes
    18 Posts
    12k Views
    KipawaK
    Thanks Linda and Nemo - got it! Lots of great info there.