Skip to content

Rescuing a stray basenji

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • Is my rescue mix part Basenji?

    Member Introductions
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    10k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Okay he's cute, I certainly wouldn't be surprised if a mix... but without a DNA test, no way to really tell. Barking... well basenjis bark, but for most it is a single Boof.. pause... booof. Not the bow wow wow rhythm of other dogs. Oh shedding... they shed but nothing like my other breeds. We get a shed out in early summer. Otherwise, unless sick, not much shedding. I have only had 3 basenjis... they all hated water, one so much that getting her to potty if the ground is we is a serious issue.
  • I think I have a Basenji!

    Member Introductions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    tanzaT
    Cute, but I don't see Basenji
  • My Basenjis

    Member Introductions
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    5k Views
    P
    As mine age I try to keep a bit of weight on them because I know they may reach a stage when they just don't keep weight as the organs weaken.
  • Basenji wanted

    Member Introductions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    pacificNWbasenjiP
    Also if you contact the breeders in the PNW listed on the BCOA site that LVOSS posted some may have puppies/juveniles/adults available. You can also find contact info for basenji fanciers on the Willamette Valley Basenji Club site http://www.basenji-club.com and Evergreen Basenji Club site http://www.evergreenbasenjiclub.org/ Send the folks an email or give them a call to check availability! I wish you luck on your journey to find another basenji companion
  • New Basenji

    Member Introductions
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    8k Views
    thunderbird8588T
    Welcome Adam and Tenji to our Basenji community. We are due to get our Pup next Sat.
  • Basenji in my future

    Member Introductions
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    4k Views
    JannekeJ
    Welcome to the forum!