• @zande All of my dogs are AKC registered
    And most are in your data base you need to check your facts before posting bs

• @tanza you Are Wrong I have Always used a kennel name..lol shows what you know about any of my hounds.

• @tanza Shows what you know All of my Breeding Stock Is OFA certified Fanconi Clear and Clear by Parentage...lol This is so damn funny .lmao.....
    PRA tested as well.....
    Check your facts And my certificates are posted to Facebook, ha,ha,ha shows what you really dont know about my lines or my hounds at all

• @allstarhounds - Under what kennel name? In Zande pedigree database there are ones with Top Dog (which I believe used to be your kennel name) and some with the name of Tammie? None with the kennel name of All Star?

• @tanza said in reputable breeder?:

@allstarhounds - Under what kennel name? In Zande pedigree database there are ones with Top Dog (which I believe used to be your kennel name) and some with the name of Tammie? None with the kennel name of All Star?

Good question, tanza. I'd love to know too. And to have all the litters updated

• According to Zande pedigree... some are tested, some are not... there was one breeding to a carrier to an IND... which should have never happened... as the offspring were affected... and granted those were from the pre-direct test, but should have been considered as IND was determined as possible affected or Carrier. Carrier to Carrier will produce Affected. And to carry this a bit further... what titles (registered names) have you produced, conformation/performance with Basenjis? By the way the health testing that is on the Zande pedigree site come directly from OFA testing it is not something that someone says... if you would like to advise AKC pedigree names/numbers? Or links to OFA testing results. And do you have in your contracts to take back any pups that you breed that do not work out for whatever reason?

• Amen to tanza. I do have a problem with the OFA data, which arrives punctually every Saturday, when pups which are tested are not given names or parents. All too often, Pup #1 (collar) arrives as a sibling of Pup#2 (blaze). And no parents are given. I do enter them because, occasionally I can identify them. If parents or registration numbers are given with these 'aliases' I can usually identify them in due course - and with the help of breeders, once I can ID THEM ! !

• Does anyone have any information on this breeder? http://www.beaubri.com/about.html

• I think that she is pretty legitimate, though it seems that she breeds alot. She produces some nice stuff; good temperaments. Lots of her breeding in the Edmonton area.
    -Joanne

• @scimmott - are they still breeding? Website not up to date but with all the other social media many are not. The only thing that I am not a fan of is that they do not let visitors with the pups until after 8wks. I believe that misses critical socialization... my pups have visitors, especially from prospective new homes very, very early on (as when the eyes open for sure)...

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• Doesn't this prove one thing to all new Basenji puppy purchasers and owners ?

SEE THE HEALTH DETAILS of the PARENTS before you buy your puppy, get accurate pedigrees and go to the OFA website and find them and their forebears health data.

And then get the puppy checked too if you have ANY doubts whatsoever. Also if you have such doubts, probably best to find another breeder.

I get OFA spread-sheets of all tests done and spend my Saturdays entering them all into the individual dogs' records although only Fanconi and PRA results show on the database website. This can be a starting place to get an idea of the overall health of parents, and also aunts, uncles and cousins. Then you can go to OFA and seek out individual dogs.

Not all breeders are in a position to give registered names at the time puppies are checked, which is why I get so many 'Puppy #1' and 'Puppy #2' entries. Where I have the parents, they are included and I keep going back to see if I can identify each tested pup and change it to show its registered name, mostly by emailing the breeders if possible. Some breeders email me with the correct names which is a BIG help.

So do, I beg all you new owners, see parents details and health test results before you subject yourself to the potential grief of a sick dog.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• @debbie said in reputable breeder?:

I did contacted her when the dogs developed the disease at five years old.. I did the test then and I was told by AKC my dog was born with Fanconi..

Please note it would not be AKC that would tell you that your Basenji had Fanconi and was born with it? That would have come from OFA with the results from the DNA test. Keep in mind that Fanconi is late onset, so yes they would be born with it. This means that she didn't DNA test the breeding pair before breeding. And yes that is a sign of an irresponsible breeder as now that we have DNA tests for Fanconi, there is never a reason that a Fanconi afflicted pup would be born.

• This post is deleted!

• @tanza I did the Dna test when she developed the symptoms at five year old I can’t recall the name Of the company, but I can look at the paperwork if you wish me to ?? I was notified that she was born with the Fanconi.. I never checked her before because we trusted the breeder we bought two dogs prior to this one and they were ok and the most sad part I never heard from her when I contacted Tammie about my sick dog.. we still heartbroken about it.. it is very tough and overwelm to rake care of a Fanconi dog..

• This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics