Skip to content

Is he part Basenji?

Show Off Your Dog

Suggested Topics

  • Is Banjo part Basenji?

    Show Off Your Dog
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    12k Views
    J
    @libstrong Yeah, our standard answer has been... get a DNA test to get a bit more certainty. But, who cares really. He is what he is. I love his doughnut bagel tail. He sounds like a fantastic doggie! Smart, affectionate, sticks with you on walks... sounds like an awesome little dude to me. Welcome to forum too!
  • 0 Votes
    7 Posts
    5k Views
    L
    I used Wisdom Panel for my assumed Basenji mix. It showed no basenji at all. My boy is 32 lbs and short hair. His DNA says he is 25% American Eskimo 12.5% Boston Terrier 12.5% Chow Chow 12.5% German Shepherd 12.5% Miniature Schnauzer 25% Breed Group-Sporting, Herding, Hound, Terrier. Having owned basenjis all my life I would say my boy has basenji in him by his personality and behavior regardless of what his dna says!!
  • -1 Votes
    9 Posts
    11k Views
    K
    Gorgeous boy!! Definite Basenji ears :)
  • Basenji and...???

    Show Off Your Dog
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    4k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    She is really cute though I don't see Basenji. Like Shirley said, only a DNA can tell you much for certain.
  • Is she Basenji?

    Show Off Your Dog
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    12k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    You had me confused and then I realized you meant the write up on the other rescue (Okapi)… I like less white also. So I had to go look... wow, coloring reminds me of minpins. :) Cute dog though.
  • Guess that rescue mutt: Part Basenji?

    Show Off Your Dog
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    thunderbird8588T
    :) What a gorgeous looking pup you have. I love the last pic of the first lot of photos.