How long does it take to potty train a puppy.

• In to what extent does it take to potty prepare a dog to remember that each puppy is selective, and a couple could get on extra rapidly than others all through the house training strategy. By and large, it takes 4-6 months for a pup to be potty prepared. Factors simply like the size and age of your pooch could affect anyway long it takes to potty prepare your little dog. remember that consistency is essential, and persistence is critical.

• get into the habit of knowing the signs, and get into a routine. When they first wake up, boot (not literally) them outside, and praise them when they go. Take them for regular walks, it is for their enjoyment, not yours. They will get into the routine of pooping and piddling outside on their walks (make sure you pick up the dogs logs). Dogs love routine! Make sure they go outside after a meal, and watch them.

• IMO, four to six months is longer than it should take if you are sticking to a routine and paying attention to your pup. Mine have been reliable far sooner than that!

• @joseph0071 said in How long does it take to potty train a puppy.:

it takes 4-6 months for a pup to be potty prepared

Do you mean that it takes 4-6 monthes to train them, or that it's easier to train them when they are 4-6 monthes old?

• @elbrant - 4 to 6 months for them to be reliable.... especially when teething.... my females have just about all "forgot" potty training when teething... for what reason? No clue.... But the entire key is a routine.

• I consider house broken, not just potty training. For reliable pottying outside, their bladders need to be developed enough to wait. Chewing wires, woodwork etc.. most of mine weren't reliable until 6 mos or much older

• @tanza @debradownsouth Exactly what I meant. Like a child, you cannot expect a pup to do something their body has not grown enough to do. It's been years since I've had a puppy in the house. "Bug" came to me at 18months, well past potty training. (Thank heavens!)

Suggested Topics