Skip to content

Looking for a rescue basenji in Texas

Basenjis For Sale or Wanted

Suggested Topics

  • Looking for Male Basenji

    Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    12
    1 Votes
    12 Posts
    5k Views
    ZandeZ
    @yahtzee92 Just make sure you see Mom with the pups if at all possible and you definitely see the health certificates of both parents. OFA website is public domain - anyone can research on it. Tanza is right. Any puppy farmer can pay the BCOA and get listed. It doesn't mean there is any BCOA recommendation or guarantee.
  • Basenji pups or rescue

    Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    4
    1 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    ZandeZ
    Email me privately - address in websites on signature block, but I warn you - Covid has brought Basenji would-be puppy owners out in droves and the few breeders who are having a litter this winter have full waiting lists. Two breeders I know have started on a list for the winter of 2021, inviting prospective owners to meet and become acquainted with Basenjis. I have emails from several people who have already put themselves onto the Rescue waiting list. . . in case a Basenji turns out to be too much once (if) restrictions are lifted. Anyway - we are once more in full Lockdown - and I am just praying they don't close the carparks to the (porous) woods again like they did last time, leaving loads of us scrabbling for a parking spot on the main road close to one of the holes into the forest.
  • Looking for a breeder in Texas

    Moved Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    tanzaT
    @lkjellander - Terry is listed at www.basenji.org. Also there is Brenda Cassell, Signet Basenjis in Ft. Worth.
  • Should I look for basenjis in Russia?

    Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    ZandeZ
    I would never sell a Basenji puppy as a potential Christmas Present ! (and I don't know any responsibile breeders who would either) Presents often get the wrapping torn off and are then discarded - how about waiting until after the festive season when things have calmed down and you have time to cope with the exigencies of a new puppy ? Tanza's idea of giving a photo might work but a live puppy under foot on Christmas Day, among all the relatives and parcels - No.
  • 0 Votes
    13 Posts
    6k Views
    A
    @giza1 thank you, will check them out.
  • Looking for a basenji

    Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    26
    0 Votes
    26 Posts
    19k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    My gut feeling is if you can't find a dog who is utterly good with cats already, your best and safest bet is a puppy. I suggest you get on a couple of breeder's list and wait for the perfect pup for your house.